Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by axx
Originally Posted by NYMafia
The guy who nearly nothing was ever known about. No record. No recorded rackets. etc., yet was definitely logged as a made guy, or even a Top associate for that matter?

Tony Canzoneri's name listed in the FBI's member list was a surprise. What did this guy do in the mob life? I have a feeling Bonanno made him a "honorary" member.

I'd pretty much agree with your assessment of Canzoneri. He was a top fighter, public figure. he wasn't a push nose in an alley way. So I'd imagine it was more for Family status, an honorary thing.

@NYMafia
Do you know of the surname Canzoneri origins or relations in this Family?

I do agree that he was he was a "honorary" member simply because, this Family was known for having some members who were mainly legitimate. With that being said, it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't involved at all. It is possible that he had some Shy money on the street (through another member), he did have a restaurant that I assume was a frequent site for members and possibly a body at his farm. Especially if he had a close relative in the Family. There is a picture of him and Joe Bonanno, I am sure the relationship had to be alittle deeper than having a cigar, some wine and talking about defending the lightweight championship..... and from that standpoint, not say he was super powerful but if any of these possibilities are true, he could fit that classification.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano