Nick Ratenni was in Costello camp, even when the order came down not to speak or say hello to Frank, Ratenni refused that order and picked up a few tabs of Costello. The reason Vito never made a move on Ratenni was because he was well respected in New York, RI, Connecticut, Boston, Ohio, New Jersey and a few other places, to where it would really rock the boat. Nick is supposedly the one who asked both Costello and Genovese to talk to one another and try to work it out. They did not, until they were locked up together and compared notes that Tony Bender was pitting them against one another. Once Bender disappeared, Costello was welcomed back into the family as an elder statesman, and never involved with the action, except to give advice and supposedly went to sitdowns for some of the members in the family.

Joe Adonis was like Catena in counting his money, not being greedy, but for busts and dreading deportation. He was more concerned for the cash flow and his end of the money, then take a side and remained on the sidelines. He was smart enough to safe up at least a small fortune, they say millions, but I think the huge money he was making after deportation was from his new activities in Italy. He did hook back up with Luciano, and the FBN knew he had financed a couple of shipments of narcotics to North America while he was in Italy, they just could not prove it, but were successful in seizing some of the shipments. Costello and Pisano were said to be greatly angry at Adonis for staying on the sidelines. In the end, I believe that it was the smart move, otherwise he would have been spending a lot of cash to help Costello, kill or be killed is always part of that life, but the deportation would have happened anyway, so he was much better off staying on the sidelines.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green