Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@NyMafia
Beside Tommy Lucchesse's great leadership abilities, why do you think the Luchesses were so unified and cohesive compared to the other Families?

My father and uncle (two VERY knowledgable guys - in the life), told me that Tommy Brown was THEE best boss (bar none) around in his era. From Gagliano to Lucchese, they were both cut from the same cloth.

Tommy also surrounded himself with great guys. Knowledgeable and respected (and very capable as far as brains). From Vincey Rao who was a dear friend of my family, to Steve LaSalle, Paulie Ham, Mac, and a few other guys, they ran a tight and cohesive crew who mostly all got along (and earned together). Far from what many other crews did and promoted.

And T. Brown didn't have all gunsels around him. He assessed a guys capabilities and utilized him accordingly, allowing him to flourish in his natural habitat, as well as help the borgata.

Killers were used for killing, thinkers were used for thinking, gambling wizards were kept in their bailiwick, labor racket guys were used up front, etc., etc.,.......and most earned!

In twenty years time the only few guys who got clipped were mostly rats; otherwise, Tommy worked it all out amongst themselves.........smart, smart, man.

For being the smallest brugad (about 120-140 made men), they sure did have men who were quite the money makers. Vario, Abate, Tom Mix, Eddie Coco, Johnny Dio, Big Sam, Tony Ham Delasco, etc.
Lukes went from being a well-oiled machine under Tony Ducks to nothing but brokesters under Amuso and Gaspipe.

@Dob_Peppino, was James Lucchese related to Tommy and Joe Brown?

He was their brother. Jimmy lived in Corona, and later moved to Jackson Heights. Their mother and sister (who married Joe Palisades) lived there as well. Jimmy wasn't a made guy though. He didn't need to be.

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/18/20 04:56 PM.