Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
An interesting observation for me is, The Bonannos and Profaci's were both based in Brooklyn, but it seems The Profaci/Colombos got a more dangerous (in terms of volume) crop of gangsters. I wonder was because of the neighborhoods or how the Caporegime ran their crews?

Yes, the Profaci/Colombo crews was different in that the Profaci crew recruited a lot of American born members after their first crop of Italy-born gangsters, whereas the Bonanno's continued to recruit largely from a "tight circle" of Sicilian born (Castellammarese born) background. Even their American born members were kept more closely to the breast in the "Sicilian tradition". Many were indeed American born, Calabrese, etc., but for the most part kept their rank and file more tight to the old view.

Besides Sicilians, the Profaci/Colombo Family had a huge contingent of Napolitani/Calabrese members as well. Several key crews like the Franzese regime were led by them. I believe Junior Persico was Napolitano as well (I'm not sure on him)

**** Don Pep, I just posted up what I consider to be the most accurate color chart on the Colombo's ever designed. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think ok? It shows many of the members faces, the activity and racket profiles, police #s, nicknames, etc..... it also provides profiles on many guys not previously listed for the era. I think it compliments what you've done here. Hope you like it pal.

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/16/20 09:54 PM.