Turnbull. Well done my friend! And I largely agree with this assessment about the trajectory of Lansky's life and his finances.

I do believe that towards the end of his life he had spent most of whatever fortune he had accumulated during his lifetime. Not that he was a pauper. I'm sure he had a few incomes coming in from whatever moves he was currently earning and lived comfortably. But as far as a $300-Million stash, or even having one million dollars cash, I don't doubt him when Meyer stated to a newspaper reporter that he wishes he had 1 million.

His life had many twists and turns, and he traveled and lived (and hid) all over the world. That takes big money. And he lived very well also. He knew good things and bought the best. It takes cash.

He blew his balls in Havana, He sometimes lost in other ventures as well. He had plenty of partners. And from the "giddy-up" mob guys NEVER make the kind of money that law enforcement and the media make them out to earn.

So was he broke? I doubt it. But we he flush? I'm not so sure. And he may have been scrapping the bottom of his bankroll.

Only he and his kids will ever know for sure.....the rest of us can only speculate.