In the case of Pittsburgh, there are two events why the Genovese crime family represented them on the commission. First, Joe Siragusa was a close ally to Maranzano so Luciano monitored the family, but in all actuality it is most likely Joe Profaci who represented them on the commission. Then you had John Bazzano vs the Volpe brothers. The Volpe brothers went to the Luciano and Gagliano families in New York City, where it was brought up to the Commission. After Bazzano was killed and found in Red Hook, Brooklyn, the Genovese family represented both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
Cleveland, the Milano brothers were good friends with Frank Costello and Willie Moretti. Frank Milano would be arrested in his teens on counterfeiting that was said to have been ran by Rocco Pellegrino uncle. When the Teamsters took off, Cleveland did alot of business with members of the Genovese crime family that were high up in the Teamsters.
New England had guys that were made into the Genovese crime family then transferred over and vice versa. During the prohibition years, Boston and RI could get a hold of Scott's whiskey and other brands that high society preferred, thus Boston and New York ( Genovese, and Lucchese) did a lot of business together.
1981 commission meeting on the Bonannos were Paul Castellano, Joe N Gallo, Anthony Corallo, Salvatore Santoro, Dominic Alongi, Thomas DiBella, and Al Persico. No representatives for the Bonannos were present.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green