Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Gambino soldier Joseph "Joey Cigars" Francolino is my top choice. He was Jimmy Brown's favorite soldier. A genuine tough guy who made millions upon millions through extorting the carting industry. A few years ago he sold some property downtown for a cool $20 million. He's up there with Carmine Franco and Salvatore Avellino.

Louie fats was jimmy browns favorite soldier
Joe francolino was in the Louie Vallario crew. Joey was Sammy the bulls guy
Joey was cousins with Eddie and frank lino

He later reported directly to Failla and even ran his garbage empire for him for a while. Never heard he was cousins with Lino.

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Gambino soldier Joseph "Joey Cigars" Francolino is my top choice. He was Jimmy Brown's favorite soldier. A genuine tough guy who made millions upon millions through extorting the carting industry. A few years ago he sold some property downtown for a cool $20 million. He's up there with Carmine Franco and Salvatore Avellino.

I didn't realize Joey Francolino had that kind of wealth.... But didn't he do a big bid over the garbage case?

Yes, he's ridiculously wealthy. He did about 4 or 5 years. Not that long. His son Joe Jr. ran things for him while he was away. Not sure if Jr. is made.