Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Dob-Peppino

I know we're off topic but the Mangano murder is even stranger. Joe Profaci; and Joe Bonanno were close with Mangano. I mean those 3 were really really close. They all three went fishing together; and had picnics. For them to let Anastasia become boss without repercussions is strange. You're right; Killing Mangano put in everyone mind that you can kill a sitting boss without a price. I agree with you about Casella having Testa blown up in his own house; Cruel.... Casella must of definitely did a good deed for Catena back in their younger days..... He would have been. Dead.

@JCrusher

Yea; Narducci was behind the plot for sure. A 70 year old man wouldn't randomly just try to whack his boss and Casella was already in a administration position. All Frank Narducci for sure....Thanks for the Frank Monte info; Was he a captain at anytime?

@Zavattoni
i think in the case of Mangano, Profaci and Bonanno may have known Anastasia was gonna get hit in 57' (not apart of the plot but saw the writing on the wall and did nothing to stop it). Silence is a good as Co-signing a hit IMO. That is often why i thought Anastasia was murdered so Disrespectful (laid out like a dog similar to Castellano).

One thing i found interesting about Philly is that Bruno seemed to keep his guys in the dark. I just don't understand why guys (Testa, Caponigro, Johnny Keys, Frank Barricuda etc) had such a limited knowledge of "big mob" politics. I mean its not like these guys just woke up and joined the mafia lol (Testa)How are you an underboss with no connects to NY? (Caponigro) How could you be so close with NY guys that you actually got misidentified on Valachi charts, and not know you need more then Frank Tieri to approve the Bruno hit?

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 04/28/20 09:15 PM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano