Hey guys, maybe i'm in the minority on this but i think Neil Dellacroce was overrated from the standpoint that many people believe that "he should have been boss" but it is overblown that the Majority of the Gambinos wanted O'nell. There is also a belief that Neil would've went to war against Carlo after Anastasia got clipped.

with all due respect i disagree. i am a fan of Dellacroce. He was a true gangster, shylock/strong-arm. A Murder Inc/Anastasia disciple. But never the Boss of the Gambinos.

Don Carlo made the right choice, if you consider that Castellano was his cousin. Big Paul was a wealthy and business smart man. Didn't have Neil's legal troubles and had a strong following in the Family (not necessarily, loyalist but the familial ties and the people attached to his businesses) and Carlo didn't know Castellano was screwing his maid.

After the Anastasia hit, Gambino whacked out Armand Rava, John Robilotto and James Squillante but Dellacroce, Tony Anastasia and others were left. It was no need to go after the rest. By the time you get to 76', it probably not many people who were from Anastasia camp and the guys who respected Neil, weren't going against Carlo/Paul.
plus you have to take in too account, how many guys choose to sit on the fence/play the middle during Family wars.... I just don't see a realistic path were Nell would've been boss IMO
most of the reverence for Dellacroce is because Gotti thought so highly of him.

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 04/04/20 07:27 PM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano