Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Persico also wasn't the official boss of the Colombo family until 1980, so when he was attemping to appeal his conviction he argued that as he wasn't a boss he couldn't have been involved in the Commission and planning the murder. But that idea was dismissed because Persico was acknowledged as the de facto boss running the family while DiBella held the official position

To be honest with you; I don't understand the set up with Tom DiBella and Carmine Persico. Its been said Persico was Underboss during the 70's and its also been said that DiBella was official boss; who happen to be a place holder.

Tom DiBella did have alot of power and he had full authorization to make members and order murders in the 70's.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.