Originally Posted by The_Marble_Guy
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
At some point even after the books was re-opened many bosses prefer to dont made new guys. After the war with Greene the Cleveland boss had the permission of Tony Salerno to made even 10 members in one ceremony but he didnt.
In some cases because yes there are few people or the mobsters sons dont follow their father in the mob but even because prefer to have their trusted men.
So in the early 1990s some of them (Tampa,Milwaukee,st luois,bufalinos ecc) was dead.

I love reading and learning about the smaller families. But I think part of their demise, for example, was large in part to what happened with guys like Scalish, they stopped making guys into the family. I think the same is holding true with New England IMO. Because Providence is all but gone. Theres alot of opinion on that but what seems to be clear is that during the last 20 years they havent been rebuilding the ranks in Prov. Boston is a different argument. The smaller families were great, but flashes in the pan.

I think that in patriarcas after ray jr all the bosses come from Boston and that is the reason why Providence is almost done.