GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, VanillaLimeCoke), 409 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,518
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,447
Posts1,061,119
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98268
02/16/05 10:30 PM
02/16/05 10:30 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Where are your statistics to back up that statement?

I have to say Pat, when you make statements like that your arguments lose all credibility.

I've posted this more times than I can remember but you can't use terms like "most" when you don't have evidence to back it up.

Oh DMC, give it a break. I don't need stats to give you proof of the people around me. I'm speaking from my heart and what I see with my own eyes.
Then you say "Of the people I see" or "some drug dealers"

It's not a matter of "giving it a break"

When you use the word "many" you are simply making up stats to try and back up your argument.
It's actually psychological, you add other people into arguments (i.e. I see you reply sometimes with things like "many people do think that" etc.) or you say things like "most do this" because you feel it gives your argument more credibility.

So believe me or don't, just don't go to college and debate with people by saying MOST blah blah blah because the Professor or Teaching Assistant will shoot your arguments down in a heartbeat.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98269
02/16/05 10:33 PM
02/16/05 10:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
DC, DS, and CK---Slavery ended in 1865. :rolleyes:

You cry about us having to support prisoners in the jails, and then when it is suggested that those who BREAK THE LAW, Destroy young lives, and pollute the inner cities with drugs, should be made to "WORK" for their crimes, you compare that to slavery? By comparing a drug dealing thief to slaves is a slap in the face to the unfortunate people who were captured and forced into slavery! Where in the world does your comparison come from! By making such an outrageous comparison, you dishonor the innocent black people who were surpressed by slavery for so many years! Pat, you really dishonor the black people who's ancestors were unwilling slaves with that kind of a comparison! I don't get you kid. First you dishonor the holocaust in another post, now you dishonor the people who suffered, fought so hard and sacrificed to break away and abolish slavery!
You really need to think before you speak! :rolleyes:

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98270
02/16/05 10:38 PM
02/16/05 10:38 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Speaking of chain gangs and prisoners working, don't they make license plates in prison?

Wow, that was random. But I think they do.

By the way, Pat, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about "thugs" and how that's supposed to be a noble thing. The definition of a thug is: "a brutal ruffian or assassin : GANGSTER, KILLER".
So if your rapper friends/idols have made up some new ghetto definition for it, you should leave it out of your argument if you want to sound anywhere near intelligent.

And furthermore, whatever the definition is for thug life, it's still not right. It does not justify what they do.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98271
02/16/05 10:43 PM
02/16/05 10:43 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Speaking of chain gangs and prisoners working, don't they make license plates in prison?

Wow, that was random. But I think they do.
They used to anyway. In Michigan they make clothes now, and clean up roads and whatnot. It's unfortunate because we not have to pay more for license plates.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98272
02/16/05 11:15 PM
02/16/05 11:15 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
Pat - Oh, right. Have you looked around for another job that might pay more? Have you requested a raise? I'm not saying there aren't jobs that pay minimum wage, there certainly age, but if people looked around a little more they could easily find something above it.

Besides, if I remember correctly, you're still in high school, about 16 or 17? Usually, places that hire high schoolers pay them less than other people. When I was in high school I worked at a restaurant making $3.00 an hour (and this was when minimum wage was 4.25).

Basically, my point is that people don't have to make minimum wage if they're willing to do a little searching to find something better.

And slavery ending in 1865? Yes, yes it did. But convicts have always been expected to work, as well they should. They are been housed, clothed, fed, and medically treated for free; they should do some work to help balance this out. You have to remember these are prisoners, supposedly they've lost their rights to begin with.

Also, in Michigan, I don't know if it's like this elsewhere, but prisoners are paid for working. It's not much, and I wish they didn't get anything, but they are paid.
I would rather shine DC's shoes than work at Arby's. I've handed in ATLEAST 20 applications in the last 2 years. Ask for a raise? We get either a 5, 10, or 15 cent raise once every 6 months. Now, that is being changed to one raise a year and it'll be about 25 cents a year. It's bullshit. There are people that work there who graduated high school and I am making more than them!

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Then you say "Of the people I see" or "some drug dealers"

It's not a matter of "giving it a break"

When you use the word "many" you are simply making up stats to try and back up your argument.
It's actually psychological, you add other people into arguments (i.e. I see you reply sometimes with things like "many people do think that" etc.) or you say things like "most do this" because you feel it gives your argument more credibility.

So believe me or don't, just don't go to college and debate with people by saying MOST blah blah blah because the Professor or Teaching Assistant will shoot your arguments down in a heartbeat.
I am speaking of the people I know and the ones that I am around. What part of that aren't you getting. From now on, I'll put, "Most people (I'm around)..." Christ.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
You cry about us having to support prisoners in the jails, and then when it is suggested that those who BREAK THE LAW, Destroy young lives, and pollute the inner cities with drugs, should be made to "WORK" for their crimes, you compare that to slavery?
Drugs just destroy the youth? This is a newsflash to me. Maybe Congressman should do more to let the youth know that they actually care about us. Do you know how popular drugs are now? Honestly. Drugs are everywhere. Heroin, ecstasy, weed, you name it, bud. You and Smitty both have kids, right? You're talking about drugs ruining kids lives? If a parent can't see that their kid is suffering from something or even notice a small hint, than that shows us how good of a parent they really are.

Quote:
By comparing a drug dealing thief to slaves is a slap in the face to the unfortunate people who were captured and forced into slavery! Where in the world does your comparison come from! By making such an outrageous comparison, you dishonor the innocent black people who were surpressed by slavery for so many years! Pat, you really dishonor the black people who's ancestors were unwilling slaves with that kind of a comparison! I don't get you kid.
Are you trying to say that I am a racist or am insulting Blacks? Are you kidding me? I'd be on your side in this thread if that were true. You're the one for imprisonment and against rehabilitation.

Quote:
First you dishonor the holocaust in another post, now you dishonor the people who suffered, fought so hard and sacrificed to break away and abolish slavery!
You really need to think before you speak!
I'm really curious. Please show me somewhere that I've dishonored the Holocaust. You've got me confused with that one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:

By the way, Pat, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about "thugs" and how that's supposed to be a noble thing. The definition of a thug is: "a brutal ruffian or assassin : GANGSTER, KILLER".
So if your rapper friends/idols have made up some new ghetto definition for it, you should leave it out of your argument if you want to sound anywhere near intelligent.

And furthermore, whatever the definition is for thug life, it's still not right. It does not justify what they do.
Freedom of speech. You have the freedom to ignore, or you can reply with your ignorant remark about something you know nothing about and don't want to learn about.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98273
02/16/05 11:49 PM
02/16/05 11:49 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
You and Smitty both have kids, right? You're talking about drugs ruining kids lives? If a parent can't see that their kid is suffering from something or even notice a small hint, than that shows us how good of a parent they really are.

Are you trying to say that I am a racist or am insulting Blacks? Are you kidding me? I'd be on your side in this thread if that were true. You're the one for imprisonment and against rehabilitation.

I'm really curious. Please show me somewhere that I've dishonored the Holocaust. You've got me confused with that one.

Pat, what does DS or my having children got to do with anything? Are you implying that we should keep a better eye on our chidren? I sure hope that that you are not and that I am just reading too much into what you have said! But if you are, then do yourself a favor and don't bring anyones family into your posts, for that is getting personal, and believe me, you don't want to go there!

As for my trying to say that you are a racist? Not at all! If I thought you a racist I would just come out and say it! No, I know that you are not a racist. Maybe a bit unrealistic, but not a racist.

As for my showing you where you dishonored the Holocaust in one of your other posts, I can't, because somone deleted the whole topic! Remember the Prince Harry the Nazi discussion? We'll it no longer exists! I believe in that one you defended his right to dress up as a Nazi and dishonor a tragic time in history where thousands were tortured, maimed and murdered by the Nazi's. You claimed that his dressing up as a Nazi had nothing to do with offending anyone with regards to the holocaust! Remember?

Pat, you insult people and I am begining to think that you don't even realize what you say in your posts half the time! Oh, and I think that you are way off base when you call someone as smart as Zia "Ignorant!" That is uncalled for. You MUST stop getting personal with people when you disagree with them. For when you get personal, it shows your ignorance and imaturity! I thought better of you than that Pat!

If you feel so badly for the Drug Dealers that are in prison, than maybe you should volunteer some time in a hospital helping babys that are born crack addicts because some dealer, "trying to make a better life for his family" :rolleyes: dealt drugs to some pregnant woman. What chance does that innocent baby have being addicted to drugs from the moment that he or she enters the world!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98274
02/17/05 12:00 AM
02/17/05 12:00 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Pat, what does DS or my having children got to do with anything? Are you implying that we should keep a better eye on our chidren? I sure hope that that you are not and that I am just reading too much into what you have said! But if you are, then do yourself a favor and don't bring anyones family into your posts, for that is getting personal, and believe me, you don't want to go there!
Damn right you should keep a better eye on your kids. I have every right to bring anyone's kids into this. I'm not insulting them. I'm merely using them as an example.

Quote:
As for my showing you where you dishonored the Holocaust in one of your other posts, I can't, because somone deleted the whole topic! Remember the Prince Harry the Nazi discussion? We'll it no longer exists! I believe in that one you defended his right to dress up as a Nazi and dishonor a tragic time in history where thousands were tortured, maimed and murdered by the Nazi's. You claimed that his dressing up as a Nazi had nothing to do with offending anyone with regards to the holocaust! Remember?
I defend anyone's right to say or wear what they want, no matter how offending it may be. I'm not supporting the fact that he was in a Nazi costume, I'm supporting his right to wear it.

Quote:

Pat, you insult people and I am begining to think that you don't even realize what you say in your posts half the time! Oh, and I think that you are way off base when you call someone as smart as Zia "Ignorant!" That is uncalled for. You MUST stop getting personal with people when you disagree with them. For when you get personal, it shows your ignorance and imaturity! I thought better of you than that Pat!
I don't give a fuck. She shouldn't tell me to stop talking about something just because she doesn't like it. She can simply ignore it or learn more about it and comment on it. All she has to do is ask. She decided to be rude about it. I ain't taking back shit.

Quote:
If you feel so badly for the Drug Dealers that are in prison, than maybe you should volunteer some time in a hospital helping babys that are born crack addicts because some dealer, "trying to make a better life for his family" :rolleyes: dealt drugs to some pregnant woman. What chance does that innocent baby have being addicted to drugs from the moment that he or she enters the world!
Thugs don't sell to women. Read the Codes of THUG LIFE. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98275
02/17/05 12:17 AM
02/17/05 12:17 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Freedom of speech. You have the freedom to ignore, or you can reply with your ignorant remark about something you know nothing about and don't want to learn about.
I totally know. I didn't mean it like that. I just said I'm sick of hearing about it. You can use it as much as you want, I didn't say stop.

But I'm just giving you a pointer, for future reference. As in, using thug in that definition of the word is street language. No one will take you seriously if you use street language in an argument. Besides, most people won't even get what you mean by it.

That's all. It wasn't meant in a rude way at all, like stop using it around me or anything like that. I know I can ignore things I don't like... if I didn't, my post count would have skyrocketed by now.

But just to clarify, I DO know about this "thug life" thing. I'm not talking about something I don't know. I didn't mean I'm sick of it only from you, I'm sick of it from everyone. I live in L.A., and I'm young-- remember? Of course I know exactly what it is, and I know that people use it as a sorry excuse to justify wrong. :rolleyes:

And thanks for stickin' up for me, DC.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98276
02/17/05 04:55 AM
02/17/05 04:55 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] Pat, what does DS or my having children got to do with anything? Are you implying that we should keep a better eye on our chidren? I sure hope that that you are not and that I am just reading too much into what you have said! But if you are, then do yourself a favor and don't bring anyones family into your posts, for that is getting personal, and believe me, you don't want to go there!
Damn right you should keep a better eye on your kids. I have every right to bring anyone's kids into this. I'm not insulting them. I'm merely using them as an example. [/b][/quote]I try not to "take sides" when moderating, but you're way out of line here, Patrick.

I have personal knowledge of how DC treats his kids and watches over them, and he's a caring, doting father to well adjusted children. You're not insulting his children - you're insulting DC as a parent with your callous statement.

That personal note aside, we can't be pointing fingers at someone else and calling them "ignorant" (and in fairness to Pat, this comment is not aimed at only him). You may not agree with what another member is saying, but calling that member names is not the proper manner in which to reply.

To use a boxing analogy - go to a neutral corner, come out swinging, but hit above the belt!

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98277
02/17/05 10:14 AM
02/17/05 10:14 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Okay, I just looked up the Codes of Thug Life, because I was unfamilliar with them, and I found a little problem with what you said Pat. In the codes I read ( here\'s a link in case these are incorrect) it says that a thug doesn't sell to pregnant sisters, not women in general like you said. Therefore it would be perfectly acceptable to sell to women who weren't pregnant, get them addicted, and then when they become pregnant they can just find someone else? Also, I'm not too up on street lingo, but doesn't "sisters" mean black women? Therefore would it not be okay to sell to pregnant white women? Hispanics? Asians? This is an honest question, I'm not being facicious here.

The thing that gets me though, is that you buy this shit Pat. It's like people actually believing that members of the mafia are men of honor and don't sell drugs. It's a load of shit, just a bunch of PR propoganda. I have to belive Tupac or whoever dreamed this up to sell more records to white suburban kids, but that's just my cynical opinion.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98278
02/17/05 10:31 AM
02/17/05 10:31 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
How come Pat doesn't have any allies here? It seems like he's always got at least three people against him, just doesn't seem fair.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98279
02/17/05 11:32 AM
02/17/05 11:32 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
How come Pat doesn't have any allies here? It seems like he's always got at least three people against him, just doesn't seem fair.
OH, there are lots more against what Patrick says. We have all just given up and moved on. Some have learned to as Patrick puts it:

You have the freedom to ignore, or you can reply with your ignorant remark about something you know nothing about and don't want to learn about.

Most have learn to read, laugh our asses off at what he says and remain on the side lines. After a short time you will also.

Oh, don't worry about Pat not having any allies.
He will send a message to a few of the others and they will come because there are always the rebels who just love to argue. They always seem to stay around while others just drift away....

Lets move on....anyway....

You are a smart person, read between the lines. You can now see why some people have the problems that they do and why they have the problem they do in their day to day lives.

It is not always the system that is wrong, but some of the people in the system that cause the problem.

Ever notice that it is never the person with the problem who is at fault. It is always the system, the government or someone else. It is always easier to blame then it is to look in the mirror and see the real problem.

People can't find a better job, Why is that. Many of us started at the bottom and worked our way up. It is the way kids have been doing it for generations. Good workers move up and are rewarded, mouthy ones don't. They rock the boat enough till everyone else including their coworkers in the same boat wants to throw them overboard.

How many times getting nowhere does it take before that person looks in the mirror and figures it out? They don't, they just blame others.

Fast food jobs are just a starting point to let kids learn some work habits. To learn to listen, take instruction from others, work along side of others and maybe change their habits so they can join the workplace and then make real money that they can live on.

Maybe I was lucky because my parents pointed these things out to me and I did listen and learned. I was not always happy to hear these things at times. But the more the points proved right the easier it was for me to follow their guidance.

These are only my opinions so someone doesn't have
to take them apart line my line while trying to make excuses for themselves.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98280
02/17/05 12:17 PM
02/17/05 12:17 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
SC--I didn't mean to offend him or his family. I was just trying to use them as an example so that he could get a better understanding of what I was saying.

Quote:
Okay, I just looked up the Codes of Thug Life, because I was unfamilliar with them, and I found a little problem with what you said Pat. In the codes I read ( here\'s a link in case these are incorrect) it says that a thug doesn't sell to pregnant sisters, not women in general like you said. Therefore it would be perfectly acceptable to sell to women who weren't pregnant, get them addicted, and then when they become pregnant they can just find someone else? Also, I'm not too up on street lingo, but doesn't "sisters" mean black women? Therefore would it not be okay to sell to pregnant white women? Hispanics? Asians? This is an honest question, I'm not being facicious here.

The thing that gets me though, is that you buy this shit Pat. It's like people actually believing that members of the mafia are men of honor and don't sell drugs. It's a load of shit, just a bunch of PR propoganda. I have to belive Tupac or whoever dreamed this up to sell more records to white suburban kids, but that's just my cynical opinion.
It has never been organized by the Whites. I have hopes that it'll one day change, but take my word, when they say sisters, it's all races. I want to know how you can't respect the Codes of THUG LIFE? Gangs were at an all time high in early 90's, which is when this was created. The Crips and Bloods were really going at it. Tupac's plan was to unite them all and make them do something positive. BTW, thanks for looking out for me.

FS--My reactionary friend, it's so good to have you back. :rolleyes: Who am I sending a message to? If people want to post, they can post. People PM me and tell me how they feel. I'd rather they post it, but I'm not going to force or plead with them to do it. I'll post whatever I feel like posting, even if I know 100 people will disagree with me. Get over your ego and have a nice day. -Pat

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98281
02/17/05 12:51 PM
02/17/05 12:51 PM
Cleveland
Rocky Offline
Capo
Rocky  Offline
Capo
Cleveland
Quote:
It has never been organized by the Whites. I have hopes that it'll one day change, but take my word, when they say sisters, it's all races. I want to know how you can't respect the Codes of THUG LIFE? Gangs were at an all time high in early 90's, which is when this was created. The Crips and Bloods were really going at it. Tupac's plan was to unite them all and make them do something positive.
Are you kidding me? How can you respect the Code of THUG LIFE? Tupac may have united the Crips and the Bloods, but exactly what did they do that was positive?

5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code. So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as it isn't in your Hood...

6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools.
So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as children aren't involved...

11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares. So, basically, THUGS are above the law...

12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide! I think Cancerkitty already addressed this one and believe me, "sister" does not refer to every race...

13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.
Who is the enemy? If it isn't civilians, then it must be another gang member. If this is the case, then how did these rules unite rival gangs and stop violence. Not to mention, why does such a "positive" group have or need enemies?

16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked. So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as you get permission...

22. No shooting at parties.
23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!
So, basically, shooting is still permitted, as long as it isn't at a concert or a party. Well, that makes sense :rolleyes: ...

Anyway, that's the way I interpret this load of crap. Maybe I'm reading it out of context, or maybe Patrick isn't reading between the lines.

Sorry to get off-topic, but I just had to respond after I read that code.

— Rocky
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98282
02/17/05 12:59 PM
02/17/05 12:59 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Get over your ego and have a nice day. -Pat

Pat, post to your fingers give out. I know the rest of us will when we think we have something worth saying.
I just don't know where ego has to do with it, but what ever you say. You are the king in your own kingdom, anyway.....and I WILL have a nice day.

Did they finally teach you to say that at ARBY'S-
I kind of wonder,.....oh never mind. It is off to the sidelines.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98283
02/17/05 03:39 PM
02/17/05 03:39 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
This all reminds me of the exchange from The Sopranos, " D-Girl " episode, at the batting cages:

PUSSY, JR: If you're looking for a purpose in life, doing what's right is your purpose.
AJ: That's not what niche says.
JR: Who?
AJ: Nietzsche.
JR: Let me tell you something. Nietzsche wound up talking to his horse. And I know what you're gonna tell me. Sartre, right? Sartre was a fucking fraud. He copped it all from Husserl and Heidegger. You should start at the beginning. Take a look at Kierkegaard.
AJ: Whatever.
JR: Kierkegaard said, "every duty is essentially duty to God."
AJ: "Nigga be a leader, not a follower."
JR: What?
AJ: Master P said that.
JR: You still listen to rap?
AJ: Why?
JR: It's just all about marketing now.

:p

This was also used as an appropriate intro to a 2001 article featuring thug Trick Daddy...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98284
02/17/05 04:38 PM
02/17/05 04:38 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
Are you kidding me? How can you respect the Code of THUG LIFE? Tupac may have united the Crips and the Bloods, but exactly what did they do that was positive?
Stopped selling to children, gave money to the poor, and preached the youth to be anti-violent.

Quote:
5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code. So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as it isn't in your Hood...
If the person is selling drugs to kids or is a pimp, no matter where he be, he'd be carjacked. Simple as that.

Quote:
6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools. So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as children aren't involved...
The drugs that are sold are taken from the dealers who deal to women and children. These drugs are then sold to a male junkie who is an adult. The profits are given to the poor or to single parents.

Quote:
11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares. So, basically, THUGS are above the law...
THUGS are above the crooked cops.

Quote:
12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide! I think Cancerkitty already addressed this one and believe me, "sister" does not refer to every race...
This seems to be edited it up by the person who made this web site. The Codes of THUG LIFE clearly states "No slinging to pregnant women." It may not even be pregnant. It might even be just women in general. I guarantee you that it doesn't say sisters. It's even in Tupac's documentary, which was made by his mom.

Quote:
13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared. Who is the enemy? If it isn't civilians, then it must be another gang member. If this is the case, then how did these rules unite rival gangs and stop violence. Not to mention, why does such a "positive" group have or need enemies?
Targets are crooked cops, people who deal to women and kids, and people who kill for fun.

Quote:
16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked. So, basically, it is still OK to commit this crime, as long as you get permission...
First time I've seen this one, so I can't clarify if it's an authentic rule.

Quote:
22. No shooting at parties.
23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting! So, basically, shooting is still permitted, as long as it isn't at a concert or a party. Well, that makes sense ...
People who deal to kids or women should be shot. Simple as that. Now, that's the scum of the earth.

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Get over your ego and have a nice day. -Pat

Can't you use the quote button?

Quote:

Pat, post to your fingers give out.
That made a lot of sense.

Quote:
I know the rest of us will when we think we have something worth saying.
When did JG decide to hire a boards spokesman?

Quote:
I just don't know where ego has to do with it, but what ever you say. You are the king in your own kingdom, anyway.....and I WILL have a nice day.
What are you talking about? Stop mumbling on and on. Just get to your point. You do this in almost every volume I make.

Quote:
Did they finally teach you to say that at ARBY'S-
No. Nice (attempted) insult though.

Quote:
I kind of wonder,.....oh never mind. It is off to the sidelines.
You should've just said it. The rest of your post is far off the sidelines as well. You're well into the nosebleed section.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98285
02/17/05 05:34 PM
02/17/05 05:34 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Oh, Patrick.... you are one funny guy!
A real Chris Rock-

Let me suggest that you read my post over,
R E A L --S-L-O-W. You then may be able to reply with things that have more meaning towards what was posted.

Is there a reason that you must take peoples posts apart line by line to respond?

Never mind, it doesn't matter. I just remembered why I stopped posting to them in the first place.
They are filled with double talking bullshit, half truths and after you twist their words you add you little quirps.

Like Letizia said:
You totally twisted what I said, and disregarded the parts where I already went over the concerns you brought up. I didn't mean it in a rude way at ALL. But I don't think you read it word for word, because if you had, you would have noticed that.

Which brings us back to why I posted in the first place.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98286
02/17/05 05:42 PM
02/17/05 05:42 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
this was written by PAT = "Damn right you should keep a better eye on your kids. I have every right to bring anyone's kids into this".

1st off kid, dont u ever bring my kid into a discussion . I will respect ur family and u respect my family.
And u say that I should keep a better eye on my kid because she might be doing drugs, well then, u just made my point because if I have to keep an eye on her because she might be doing drugs then I guess drugs are BAD. U dont even relieze what you say sometimes!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98287
02/17/05 05:56 PM
02/17/05 05:56 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Oh, Patrick.... you are one funny guy!
A real Chris Rock-
I prefer Dave Chapelle, but ok.

Quote:
Let me suggest that you read my post over,
R E A L --S-L-O-W. You then may be able to reply with things that have more meaning towards what was posted.
When you can atleast use proper grammar, than I'll think about it.

Quote:
Is there a reason that you must take peoples posts apart line by line to respond?
Usually to let people know that I'm not ignoring anything they said, but in your case, I judge from the way you write. I sense that your reading may be as good as your grammar, so I'm doing my best to help you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
1st off kid, dont u ever bring my kid into a discussion . I will respect ur family and u respect my family.
'Your kid.' :rolleyes:
I'm not insulting your kid or family. I'm no disrespecting them. Christ. Re-read the post and stop acting like a tough guy.

Quote:
And u say that I should keep a better eye on my kid because she might be doing drugs, well then, u just made my point because if I have to keep an eye on her because she might be doing drugs then I guess drugs are BAD. U dont even relieze what you say sometimes!
First off, it's 'realize.' Second, ofcourse drugs are bad. When did I say they weren't? I even stated that there should be an age limit (like alcohol) to buy drugs if they get legalized. Once again, please re-read my post. -Pat

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98288
02/17/05 06:08 PM
02/17/05 06:08 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Yeah I type fast and my grammer is off sometimes, but i can say I make more then 5.50 an hour. And by the way how are the back woods of PA these days?

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98289
02/17/05 06:14 PM
02/17/05 06:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Yeah I type fast and my grammer is off sometimes, but i can say I make more then 5.50 an hour. And by the way how are the back woods of PA these days?
I make $6.60. Back woods? Is this your first time arguing with a teenager on the internet before?

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98290
02/17/05 06:18 PM
02/17/05 06:18 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Listen Iam sorry, yes sorry. I did not want to get personel with u. I was offended when I saw you brought my kid into this. I was just having a little fun with you thats all, I have family in PA, its a great state. This is a great site and I do not want to get kicked off of it. Yes we might disagree with each other but I know we can get along. I will not get personel with you anymore. So I offer my hand in friendship.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98291
02/17/05 06:38 PM
02/17/05 06:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Pat & Don Smitty, cut it out now!

Pat, you opened this can of worms by bringing up Don Smitty and my abilities to raise children, and by you saying that you bring the integrity our parenting into question and involve our children in your arguement. UNACCEPTABLE! You have never seen me get personal with anyone here in regards to involving their family! So I will tell you in a nice way this time, don' ever do it again to anyone on here!

Don Smitty, I know that you were enraged that Pat questioned your integrity in regards to your parenting, and brought your child into his arguement. That was extremely imature and uncaring on his part and you have every right to be mad at his doing so. However your attacking of where he lives is not fair to the other members on here who may come from his neck of the woods. Being that you are fairly new to these boards, you
may not be aware that Pat is just a kid himself and therefore it is not his fault that he
has not yet experienced the real world. I know that I have to remind myself from time to time that he is still only a young teenager.

So again, both of you should cut out the personal attacks!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98292
02/17/05 06:47 PM
02/17/05 06:47 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I did say I was sorry and Iam being honest when I say that I have family in PA, it really is a great state. Don Cardi I apologize. I have to remember that Iam the new guy to this site and you guys have been on it for a longer period of time then myself. I offered my hand in friendship to Pat.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98293
02/17/05 07:04 PM
02/17/05 07:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

I have personal knowledge of how DC treats his kids and watches over them, and he's a caring, doting father to well adjusted children. You're not insulting his children - you're insulting DC as a parent with your callous statement.

Yeah, you tell him SC! Doesn't he realize that you are training my kids to eventually take over the business that our fathers built up over the years.... your father running molasses with the trucks that my father provided?

Seriously though, thanks SC, that was a very nice thing for you to say about my children!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98294
02/17/05 09:02 PM
02/17/05 09:02 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
. you
may not be aware that Pat is just a kid himself and therefore it is not his fault that he
has not yet experienced the real world. I know that I have to remind myself from time to time that he is still only a young teenager.

So again, both of you should cut out the personal attacks!

Don Cardi
Don Cardi, you seem to be a fair man here.

But saying that Pat is JUST a kid doesn't make it any easier to take day in and day out. After all, that is what we posted about people and why they don't get ahead. Thus living the way they do.

He is a perfect example of not wanting to change, wanting everyone to listen to him and rebelling againist everything. And always making sure that everyone knows that he is standing up for his rights and his way of thinking. Then complaining that he isn't getting anywhere in the world today.

A perfect example of a big mouth that is going to stop him from getting ahead in the real world. Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying this to hurt the lad. I would hope, just like my first post said that people like him would maybe wake up and at least look at what others of us have learned. Maybe saving him some frustation in life. God knows he posts enough of his frustation here.

Then again some never take good advise till years later. After they have beaten their heads against the wall longer then they have to. I know my father didn't want to learn the hard way and you wouldn't either. Then again, some people never have a choice do they? They can never hear anyone but themselves.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98295
02/17/05 09:23 PM
02/17/05 09:23 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Hmm, considering Page 2 of this thread hardly has anything to do with the topic (I'm guilty as well ), this may be a short-lived thread if this keeps up... :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98296
02/17/05 09:34 PM
02/17/05 09:34 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Geoff, in a way you are right. But the way I see it, it has just move on in stages. How you may ask.

Poverty> not being able to make enough money> getting a better job> why you can't get a better job.> why you will never get ahead or keep a good job

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 49: 'War' on poverty is a losing struggle #98297
02/17/05 10:39 PM
02/17/05 10:39 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
DS and DM--Once again, I didn't mean to insult your family or disrespect them, but I'm not going to apologize because I don't understand what I did wrong. All I did was try and use them in a scenario so that you could better understand what I was trying to say.

I appreciate that y'all (even FS :p ) are trying to bare with me here because I'm a teenager, but I'm just speaking it how it is. Things have changed and every state is different. I'm just giving y'all information about my state. In my closing words, I just have to say one thing. If I had one wish, just one thing at all, it would be for everyone to be in the middle or upper class, but I don't think that can ever happen. -Pat

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull