I am one of the biggest Hunter S. Thompson fans around. One of my favorite films is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I also love the documentary on him called Breakfast With Hunter. I saw a film a couple of years ago called Where The Buffalo Roam starring Bill Murray as Thompson. I thought it was fantastic. Though the VHS version that was available at the time had the original music soundtrack replaced with a studio band sounding horrible like elevator music. The original soundtrack has choice pieces from Thompson including Bob Dylan, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Neil Young, but this was all replaced. And in a lot of scenes, the change was EXTREMELY noticable. People, including myself, petitioned to have a DVD version released with the original soundtrack, well, a DVD was realeased, with the elevator music. That went out of print, so we petitioned again to get a good music version, well, on Feb. 1 2005 they released a new edition. I bought it in a heart beat. AND DAMN UNIVERSAL BECASUE IT STILL HAS THE ELEVATOR MUSIC!! No extra features at all, bad soundtrack still. What a joke, people are so pissed, again, including myself. The just released DVD is already out of print less than 2 weeks after its release.

My question is this: Did this bother anyone else about the DVD? And how much do you guys also hate stupid production companies out to fill their fat, fart tainted wallets?

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.