Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by majicrat
Again not looking to argue with anyone or challenge anyone's post, I take from the posts whatever new information I can since I do this for fun. What I gather from this particular thread is "we" apparently differ on the definition of "activity". I don't consider having a sports book or running a club major activity and that's all I feel the families are doing down the shore now a days. I know an Irish book maker in the area and I suppose he has "interest" in the area, that doesn't mean the Westies or any other Irish organized crime group is active in the area. I can also tell you his book is pretty valuable, if the families were around as some like to think they are I'm pretty sure he'd be kicking up to someone and I can tell you for sure he isn't. Anyway good stuff. Thanks.

The Genovese were traditionally the strongest family at the north Jersey Shore, i.e. Monmouth and the northern part of Ocean County. Pussy Russo ran Long Branch before he was killed in the Spa in that town. A made guy in Ray Decarlo's crew Lucky Pecorrelo operated in Asbury Park and Jimmy's restaurant in Asbury Park was owned by Genovese associates. John DiGilio lived in Holmdel and was extorting Herb Gross in Lakewood. I think that Bobby Manna had a house in Brick, Ninny Bruschi lived in Jackson and then Asbury Park and Larry Dentico lived in Seaside Park. The Lucheses were obviously present as were the Gambinos and to a lesser extent the other NY families and Philly. The Decavalacantes had activity in Toms River, some of it pretty recently. As for activity now, who knows, maybe the guys are living in the area but doing their business elsewhere. It is hard to say unless there is a bust. but I would assume that it is nothing like it was into even the early 90's.

+1 Jimmys Restaurant in Asbury Park is spectacular by the way and I highly reccomend it.