Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Charles Panarella was a pretty brutal guy. He had his own crew in the Colombo's. Many of his men complained to Persico on how aggressive he was towards them.

He was very intimidating and would walk the streets at night with bunc id in the of his men. There was a taped conversation of Joel Cacace in 2001 saying that Panarella was old but could cut a **** tongue out at any second.

He was responsible for murder of Mimi Scialo and also the murder of two of Scialo's guys who were shotgunned outside a bar.

He was definitely feared by many. Supposily Greg Scarpa was in his crew.

He had a club on New Utrecht Ave, in Bensonhurst, I worked at a deli a few blocks away.

He was always fighting, arguing abusing someone. No one in the neighborhood really liked him. He was so NASTY.

One of my friends we were teenagers did something stupid outside his club he made such a big deal about it, that he had to go to his uncle who was Rudy Ferrone, from the Decav's had to go to Charlie's club and talk with him. Another time Charlie got into a shouting match with an associate from Teddy Persico's crew, the crew member was a SHOOTER, however, he had to stand there basically and get yelled at by Charlie, because he couldn't put his hands on a made guy or he was a dead man. Charlie used to keep his joker poker machines in the basement of the deli, one time the owner of the deli let con-ed in the basement to read the meters, WHOA did CHARLIE flip his CORK. " YOU DO NOT LET ANYONE IN, that is NOT your basement, that is MY BASEMENT"