Damn I forgot about Johnny Cash, too. Oh well.

Quote:
That was quite a list. I personally can't justify putting Cobain & Tupac in there with such stalwarts as Elvis, Lennon & Hendrix. And where was Bob Dylan?
I think Cobain is justified in a list of 8-10, but yes Elvis is light years and light years ahead of him. I agree with you about Tupac but I didn't want to get in an argument with Patrick.

Quote:
My vote was for "other" signifying Bruce Springsteen. He's been releasing albums since 1973 and is as relevant today as he ever was at any point during his career.
In my opinion this statement was basically contradicting your first statement. I don't think he's been important to any genre, I mean... every person on the list was important to their genre and music history as a whole (except for one), and Bruce Springsteen isn't. I think Cobain is just table scraps compared to Elvis and Sinatra, but I think compared to Springsteen he's the one who's light years ahead.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."