I never realized Turi, that other countries felt that way. Don't get around much. :p

Like SC mentioned many of our ancestors immigrated to America, and in my case, my father and both sets of grandparents. Although I am American and my loyalty of course is with America, my Italian roots are deeply imbeded and a great part of who I am. I was raised to take great pride in my heritage. Many customs/beliefs that I was raised with come from the "old country".

However, as time goes on, I'm sure, as with my children, and their children after, sadly they will slowly diminish. Eventually I think, everyone is going to have roots from more than just one or two countries and not have one "specific" homeland, so to speak.

To many Americans, I think, having that "connection" is a sense of pride, no matter where there roots are. I never say I am Italian American either, but for me, to not have a connection to my roots, would seem so empty.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon