Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
@jace, busts against the Five Families have definitely slowed down. There is no disputing that whatsoever. The numbers don’t lie. I’ll see if I can find some figures when I get home, but I promise you that there is not the comprehensive attack against ALL five families that there once was. It seems the two squads focus on one entity at a time because that is all they can afford to do.
Whoever is in charge of the Colombos following the 2011 bust has had a reign unfettered by arrests for the longest time since the Colombo War in 1991. Liborio Bellomo, if he is still in charge, has had the longest reign unfettered by arrests since Chin. Frank Cali or whoever is running the Gambinos has had the longest unarrested reign since what - before Gotti? Bonannos and Luccheses have been hit relatively consistently but even Steve Crea had a decent reign as street boss/underboss for what it’s worth. We’re seeing less and less panels and interim leadership and more stable, longtime bosses, which really reflects the situation in New York.

I don't know if Bellamo is a boss, but I believe if he was they would have gotten him by now. The budget for th eMafia in New York is high, and that includes FBI, and the NYC police department organized crime squad. Add the 2 federal districts that prosecutors have to investigate. It's a lot.