Originally Posted by kingoflittlenewyork

I agree with just about everything but Whitey.

Whether you know about the Mafia or not youve heard of or seen Whitey everywhere in America. If you didn't live in the Northeast of the country during the early 80s then you have no clue of who Gennaro Angiulo is.

As far as Boston OC goes Whitey is the last chapter in the history books of America.

Nobody knows who Peter Limone is, even though he has a great story. Nobody knows about the Animal, Baby Shacks, the Cheese Man. I'm not goin to argue that Patricia had more power during his day but from the time Whitey moved to the North End he did whatever he wanted.

But saying the Patricia name has outlived the Whitey Franchise, your sadly mistaken. I can go to my library in Arkansas right now and check out 4 different books on Bulger.

You watch a mob doc on any channel, if the subject is Boston it's about Bulger. May not even mention Patricia, at all really, and Angiulo exits stage left very early.

Then Whitey goes on a 10 year crime spree.

As far as a name goes,
his has gone.

The Patricia Family, yes we know who they are but in middle America? They are nothing.

Oh I didn't mean that Patriarca outlived Bulger's legacy in name. Indeed everybody knows about Bulger, while you really need to read up on the Mob before you're even gonna come across the Patriarca's. In terms of duration of the criminal career though, the Patriarca's lasted much longer than Whitey or Winter Hill in general.