Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by OakAsFan

So now it's not "all" contractors, just "some".

I didn't change the narrative. I just can't remember if Pizza ever said it was all contractors having to take the dirt road; never claimed I did. Only stated that he generally speaking was a convincing source regarding NYC.

Moe claims Pizza as his source on this. I'm saying that if Pizza said this, he's wrong. It is cynical and patently absurd to say that every builder in New York worked with the mob when Trump was coming up. It wasn't the 1940s. The RICO act was well into effect at this time and builders would have had to be crazy to seek out mobsters that they could pay off in exchange for low building costs. Most builders were extorted by the mob, which is not the same thing as "working with" the mob. They were victims of the rackets. Forced to overpay for everything. And, Trump does NOT fall into this category. He worked in collusion with them. He had special inroads that allowed him to save money on materials and labor in exchange for purchasing materials from the mob. He knew what he was doing. It was not business as usual. It was criminal as hell. It's who he is.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea