Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by pmac
the bigger the family has more spots to be filled technically. agree with serp whose your sponcer and how much clout he has and how much he is pushing for you to get made i cant think of a example of my head but ive read a few times a capos pushing for a guy to get made for a yr or 2 but the books are closed then the boss goes to jail or maybe the guy trying to get inducted so if takes time. like the guy from the colombos bf guerra is a persico family friend and did a ton of time and the time to get inducted just never got set up and the guys been proposed since the 90tys and still isnt made. unless they did it in jail to. if i waited 20 30 yrs to join the mob doing it in jail would suck but it would have to do. sammy the bulls explanation about his induction in his book was a good chapter. he felt like he was floating

They propose to BF Guerra to be made but he refused because he made more money as associate and be made would comort more feds attention and another people who want your money.

He was also direct with the acting boss (Little Allie Boy) in the 1990s so it's not like getting made would be particularly beneficial to his career unless he was aspiring for leadership himself. I assume you're referencing this article Fur: https://nypost.com/2011/10/31/la-cosa-nostra/

But, we know he didn't outright refuse it like Joseph Petillo did. Guerra was scheduled to be inducted in December 2010, so we know there was no outright refusal. This tape-recorded statement from B.F. when he was talking to Tommy McLaughlin seems to sum up his feelings:
"I don't know. Sometimes I scratch my head and say, 'I wonder if it's even fucking worth it.' But what I am gonna do?"

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 07/21/18 04:40 PM.