GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 303 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 164 of 319 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94687
10/07/06 08:09 PM
10/07/06 08:09 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[quote]Originally posted by bogey:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] 24framespersecond...

I like you.

I suggest you join these boards: http://filmcinemamovie.proboards76.com/index.cgi
Homo. [/b][/quote]YOU! [/b][/quote]No, you!

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94688
10/07/06 10:12 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by 24framespersecond:
[quote]Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[b]
[b]Zerkalo

(1975?/Tarkovsky)
While it presents its images in a wider range of formats than Last Year at Marienbad, covers more chronological ground than Wild Strawberries, and doesn't ever really find its way into any sort of long-term narrative the way Mulholland Dr. did, this perhaps stands, at least in my mind, as the least impressive of the films of its kind, although it is interesting that this film is the only autobiographical one among the bunch. Tarkovsky executes some nice camera moves at certain points, and some of the slow-motion, silent sequences work pretty well, but overall, the emotional effect is lost. I'm still very interested in seeing some more of Tarkovsky's work. [/b]
Is this your first Tarkovsky? I'm not sure what you meant by "among the bunch" - among Tarkovsky's work or films "like" Mirror? If so, it's sort of a bad place to start to get into Tarkovsky because it is such a dense and yet opaque work. Yet I admire that you maintain an interest to explore more. Like you already noted, Mirror is constructed out of different formats (narrative forms) and shifts time and color.

He wasn't interested in constructing a logical and cohesive narrative (he does have that ability albeit episodically in Ivan's Childhood and Andrei Rublev ). Instead like much of his body of work, he invites contemplation to compare and contrast events/images to derive meaning. In fact his Nostalghia is basically an anti-narrative. His Sacrifice is rather linear and classical in construction, but it resists narrative logic at the same time.

I wholeheartedly recommend his Stalker - the quintessential cinematic experience; something that expands one's notion of the boundaries of cinema making it boundless. I think it's his best work and along with Ivan's Childhood it's his most forward-driven plot. [/b][/quote]It was and is my 1st Tarkovsky, I was speaking of other films without much in the way of narrative not other Tarkovskys, and I've been interested in seeing Stalker for a while, mostly due to DVC.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94689
24framespersecond Offline
Made Member
24framespersecond  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Conventionally shot, no innovative or interesting camera techniques. Basic lighting, never really seemed to take advantage of the beautiful contrast between lights and darks showcased in some B&W movies. Audience holds no real emotional connection or sympathy for the main character. Story is a bit boring. Emotionally, it seemed to be a one-note symphony. No real exploration of any side characters. Anti-climacitc ending. Symbolism, if any, ultimately seemed too vague.
Sorry to be upping old discussions, guys. Just new to the boards and looking back at old discussions.

Mista Mista Tom Hagen, it appears I'm singling you out, but it just so happens what your wrote makes for good discussion so far. I'm also jumping from page to page in no specific order.

Anyway, what you just described as "Bicycle Thief"'s aesthetic is the Italian neo-realist aesthetic. They sought to eradicate artifice and capture reality without embellishment resulting from a dialogue between the filmmakers and the environment.

WWII destroyed Italy's filmmaking physical infrastructure; thus, it was make do with what you got, which wasn't much. As a result, filmmakers shot on location and used non-professional actors and available lighting, which culminates in a rough/amateur look and feel compared to polished filmmaking or the norm. In terms of story, folks like De Sica and Rossellini focused on the poverty and harsh living conditions post-WWII.

The importance of "Bicycle Thief," seems to me, places in historical significance. If you look at the old Sight and Sound polls, it topped the list a few times and remained in the top 5-10 for a while. It has now dropped in evaluation, but not stature.

One of the problems the film's stature causes for it is the expectations it causes and the context. "Bicycle Thief" is nowhere near the wonder (in terms of scale, story, technical qualities) of what you find in most top 20's (the usual suspects: Vertigo, 2001, Citizen Kane, Rules of the Game, Godfathers). A top 20 film is usually associated with innovation, grandiose, wonder, excitement. But, there lies a tiny film in that bunch.

Its story hasn't aged well. Some people find the films' contrivances (seems to be the main criticism of the film)to be at odds with the Italian neorealist aesthetic.

Personally, its value lies in the fact that one doesn't need a $200 million budget to make a movie that has powerful moments.

I no longer like the film as a whole, but some moments remain poignant and the most touching I've encountered thus far.

Marty Scorsese's "My Voyage To Italy" is a personal documentary (on DVD) on his memories of Italian films of his youth especially Italian Neorealism. Nice info and enjoyable piece, but Marty spoils every single movie as he covers the endings and key plot events.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94690
10/07/06 10:17 PM
10/07/06 10:17 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b]För att inte tala om alla dessa kvinnor (All These Women / Now About These Women)
Ingmar Bergman
1964 Sweden (1st time; DVD)
A music critic arrives at the house of a virtuoso cellist to write his biography; but the wife, mistresses and servants get in his way.
Surface furnishings suggest an entirely different name altogether behind the director's credit; but dive beneath the stunning colour, slapstick humour and theatrical tone, and here is one of Bergman's torn artists, niggled at by those around him, with the burdens of expectation alienating his genius to the end.
[/b]
I've noticed you watched quite a bit of Bergman from some of your posts throughout this huge thread (I like this thread, BTW).

Have you been fortunate to catch some supposedly fine early light/comedic/romance Bergman like "Summer Interlude" and "Summer of Monika?"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94691
10/07/06 10:21 PM
10/07/06 10:21 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
A Fistful of Dollars ***

Probably my 2nd favorite Clint Eastwood movie (behind only Escape From Alcatraz, but it might be better than it, I'd have to rewatch that too). A great movie, with a great cast and great score. My favorite of The Man With No Name Trilogy. And I'm getting pissed off waiting for the Region 1 Special Edition DVD
I recommend Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" if you haven't seen it yet. "Fistful of Dollars" is a remake of Yojimbo.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94692
10/07/06 10:24 PM
10/07/06 10:24 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] A Fistful of Dollars ***

Probably my 2nd favorite Clint Eastwood movie (behind only Escape From Alcatraz, but it might be better than it, I'd have to rewatch that too). A great movie, with a great cast and great score. My favorite of The Man With No Name Trilogy. And I'm getting pissed off waiting for the Region 1 Special Edition DVD
I recommend Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" if you haven't seen it yet. "Fistful of Dollars" is a remake of Yojimbo. [/b][/quote]I've seen and loved both, though it's been a while since I've seen either. Leone's best western is definitely Once Upon A Time in the West though.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94693
10/07/06 10:32 PM
10/07/06 10:32 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] 24framespersecond...

I like you.

I suggest you join these boards: http://filmcinemamovie.proboards76.com/index.cgi
Ah. Anyone who watched Stalker is a-o.k. in my book. Someone who likes it?...even better!

Appreciate the invite. Is that your boards? [/b][/quote]Stalker is my favorite movie of all time. To even attempt to explain the massively profound impact it has had on me is laughably impossible. Once the thought of it enters my mind, I become so overwhelmed by its beauty and intelligence, that I am at a loss for words.

But anyways, it's not my website...it's actually Capo de la Cosa Nostra's. I think you'd like posting there.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94694
10/07/06 10:43 PM
10/07/06 10:43 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
A Short Film About Killing is one of the best films I've ever seen. I've not seen the shorter Dekalog version however.

I think it has the most intense ending in the history of cinema. One of the few times I've ever cried watching a movie.

I hope you enjoy it, Hagen.
I presume you saw the Kino DVD of "Short Film..." Anyway, it is a far superior transfer than "Decalogue 5: Thou Shall Not Kill." As a result, the cinematography stands out even more.

The Decalogue episode is great because it is so concise (any of the Decalogue episodes irregardless of quality are exemplars of tight and compelling storytelling in under 60 minutes).

I think both versions are two of the most powerful works I've encountered.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94695
10/07/06 10:45 PM
10/07/06 10:45 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[quote]Originally posted by 24framespersecond:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] A Fistful of Dollars ***

I recommend Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" if you haven't seen it yet. "Fistful of Dollars" is a remake of Yojimbo. [/b][/quote]I've seen and loved both, though it's been a while since I've seen either. Leone's best western is definitely Once Upon A Time in the West though. [/b][/quote]Lucky for you know decisively what your favorite Leone is. Me, I can't decide between that or The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94696
10/07/06 10:47 PM
10/07/06 10:47 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Once Upon a Time in America is my favorite Leone film by a long shot.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94697
10/07/06 11:01 PM
10/07/06 11:01 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by 24framespersecond:
[b]
quote:
A Fistful of Dollars ***

I recommend Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" if you haven't seen it yet. "Fistful of Dollars" is a remake of Yojimbo. [/b][/quote]I've seen and loved both, though it's been a while since I've seen either. Leone's best western is definitely Once Upon A Time in the West though. [/b][/quote]Lucky for you know decisively what your favorite Leone is. Me, I can't decide between that or The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Western-wise. Once Upon a Time in America is his misunderstood masterwork to me. Leone is one of my favorites.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94698
10/07/06 11:04 PM
10/07/06 11:04 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Just wanted to mention, the ending here and the storyline as a whole really reminded me of Dead Man Walking with Sean Penn. Ever seen it? I had the sort of reaction to that, that you felt towards this.
For me, the genius of Kieslowski was how he handled the two main characters in Decalogue 5/Short...Killing.

***Spoilers Ahead***

Usually, like in Dead Man Walking, in films dealing with capital punishment, the filmmaker presents the inmate so that we align our sympathies with them. Also, in such movies, the victims are presented as "good" and wrongly convicted.

We get neither from Kieslowski. The killer is not like Sean Penn. We have a hard time sympathizing and empathizing with him as we saw his terrible acts done with coldness, but Kieslowski presents him with a little heart (his love and guilt for his sister). Still, he is hard to accept. This complicates the audience's stance in regards to capital punishment. Does capital punishment become a little more acceptable in regards to a less sympathetic murderer than another?

As for the victim (the taxi cab driver), he is unlike most victims in most movies. The cab driver discriminates among passengers, lies to a couple that he'll give them a ride, etc.

Kieslowski avoids crude good versus bad. He gives us human beings - fallible, the capacity to do both good and bad.

*** End Spoilers ***

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94699
10/07/06 11:12 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[quote]Originally posted by 24framespersecond:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b]
quote:
quote:
A Fistful of Dollars ***

Western-wise. Once Upon a Time in America is his misunderstood masterwork to me. Leone is one of my favorites.

Agreed. OUATIA never fails to strike me emotionally. It leaves me numb.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94700
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
For me, the genius of Kieslowski was how he handled the two main characters in Decalogue 5/Short...Killing.

***Spoilers Ahead***

Usually, like in Dead Man Walking, in films dealing with capital punishment, the filmmaker presents the inmate so that we align our sympathies with them. Also, in such movies, the victims are presented as "good" and wrongly convicted.

We get neither from Kieslowski. The killer is not like Sean Penn. We have a hard time sympathizing and empathizing with him as we saw his terrible acts done with coldness, but Kieslowski presents him with a little heart (his love and guilt for his sister). Still, he is hard to accept. This complicates the audience's stance in regards to capital punishment. Does capital punishment become a little more acceptable in regards to a less sympathetic murderer than another?

As for the victim (the taxi cab driver), he is unlike most victims in most movies. The cab driver discriminates among passengers, lies to a couple that he'll give them a ride, etc.

Kieslowski avoids crude good versus bad. He gives us human beings - fallible, the capacity to do both good and bad.

*** End Spoilers ***
That's what I love so much about A Short Film About Killing. Kieslowski puts his complete faith in the audience by refusing to take a side. The entire thing is so inconclusive; there are a million answers and nobody is wrong.

Sadly, it's the only Kieslowski film I've seen so far. I need to see more.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94701
10/07/06 11:34 PM
10/07/06 11:34 PM
Made Member
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
Sadly, it's the only Kieslowski film I've seen so far. I need to see more.
Oooh, I envy your position to experience his other works for the first time.

If I could offer some useful advice.

"Decalogue" is a cut off point stylistically and thematically. Prior to the series, his films were stylistically classical and Neorealist. His work was more political and social as well.

Post-Decalogue. Kieslowski's films turn more to the personal and art cinema aesthetic.

Decalogue is a transition point leaning more towards the films before it.

Stylistically, it really is night and day.

Let me know if I could be of more help.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94702
10/07/06 11:44 PM
10/07/06 11:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Jet Li's Fearless ***
(First Viewing)

Not his best movie (Hero) but a very enjoyable way to go out

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94703
10/08/06 02:27 AM
10/08/06 02:27 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Just last night I watched Walk The Line, now I've never cared for the music of Johnny Cash, or June Carter. But I will admit having been elected to the song writers HOF, Coutry music HOF, & the Rock N Roll HOF. Johnny Cash is a man to be respected.

I think both Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon, did fantastic jobs as Johnny Cash, & June Carter.

And I did learn some things about the life of "The man in black"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94704
10/08/06 04:19 AM
10/08/06 04:19 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
The Omen (2006) ** 1/2
(Second Viewing)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94705
10/08/06 02:07 PM
10/08/06 02:07 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
I watched most of Dead Man a couple weeks ago. It made me think of a few members here. I'm really mad I didn't get to finish it.. but it wasn't my house, and someone turned it off to play Guitar Hero. Which I proceeded to pwn.

Anyway, what I saw of it I thought was excellent. I'm gonna have to find somewhere around here to rent it from, or better yet buy it. I had no idea Neil Young did the score for it either.. pleasant surprise.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94706
10/08/06 02:33 PM
10/08/06 02:33 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Dead Man is the best black and white film I have ever seen.

Glad you liked what you saw, bogey. It's one of those films where every element comes together perfectly to create something truly mindblowing. Did you see any scenes towards the end of the film?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94707
10/08/06 03:02 PM
10/08/06 03:02 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
You were the first one I thought of, actually.. I really didn't see much of the end of the movie... we had to stop it because we had to go satisfy the munchies, and when we got back someone had turned it off. I think we only got a little bit past the part with Iggy Pop in it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94708
10/08/06 05:39 PM
10/08/06 05:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Employee of the Month ***
(First Viewing)

Dane Cook is one of the funniest men alive today! It was also great to see Andy Dick working again

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94709
10/08/06 10:03 PM
10/08/06 10:03 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I caught two films in a row yesterday; the first was as good, but no better, as I had anticipated, the second was the best film of 2006...

The Departed
An engaging thriller, both very funny and often quite shocking - Scorsese manipulates the volume so well that the brutal gunshots and splatters of blood inject as much power as possible in otherwise more quieter moments. He has assembled another fine cast, with everybody in just the right place, including a show-stealer from Mark Wahlberg. It is of little visual interest, but is edited with the same pace as Cape Fear, and what begins as a casual, run-of-the-mill remake emerges as a powerful, thrilling, topsy-turvy exploration of masculinity, and, more specifically, rats ratting each other out and not getting away with it. Impressive.

Children of Men
Outstandingly-shot film, full of breathtaking sequences, using long takes and a hand-held, fiercely independent and roaming camera which restricts our view but enhances the immediacy of many incredibly complicated settings. The most impressive of these are the rebel attack on a car full of people, with the camera rotating three-sixty degress inside the car, before alighting and ending up left to observe two dead policemen as the car speeds off; the giving birth of a child in some worn-out, secluded safe house, with the very near threat of war and manic dogs outside; and the descent of a stairwell in a building at the heart of the fierce battle, with the relentless cry of a baby which, by the end of the shot, has silenced the guns and brought calm to a scene of devastation. It's genuinely thrilling, with a believable grittiness rarely seenin sci-fi; ultimately, life-enhancingly powerful.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94710
10/08/06 10:11 PM
10/08/06 10:11 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Capo I presume you have stopped using star system. Or are these no-star movies?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94711
10/08/06 10:14 PM
10/08/06 10:14 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
No, I was just lazy in transforming the code. I gave The Departed two stars, Children of Men three. That's "great, highly recommended" and "excellent, essential", respectively.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94712
10/09/06 02:50 AM
10/09/06 02:50 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Layer Cake **
(First Viewing)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94713
10/09/06 05:23 AM
10/09/06 05:23 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
What'd you think of that one Irish? I've been meaning to revisit it, one of my favorites from last year.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94714
10/09/06 01:27 PM
10/09/06 01:27 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I'd have to see it again. I wasn't feeling well and lost the storyline about 30-45 minutes into it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94715
10/09/06 05:50 PM
10/09/06 05:50 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
THE DEPARTED (2006) - ****1/2

The Marty is back.

In easily his best effort since CASINO, if not the masterpiece GOODFELLAS, Scorsese returns to the world of mobsters and whackings on the streets, this time in the Irish sphere in Boston.

INFERNAL AFFAIRS(****), the Hong Kong International sensation, was a pretty damn good movie. It took a great premise, and actually rocked the joint with pretty-well execution.

However, Scorsese actually improves upon the concept of INFERNAL AFFAIRS. Perhaps its the elaboration on the beginnings for Damon and DiCaprio, or Scorsese getting a hell of a cast together to kick ass. Hell, I still can't believe I saw Mark Whalberg ownining the joint in his scenes.

Then again, it could be that with THE DEPARTED, its ending, while quite similar to INFERNAL AFFAIRS, is very different in tone and mood. With IA, the ending is very solemn and of sorts, a happy ending that arises from the tragedy that occurs.

With THE DEPARTED, its not an audience pleasing ending, but more appropriate for the fate of certainly the last victim of this universe.

Jack Nicholson is a lock to win the Best Supporting Actor Oscar, and besides the usual technical noms expected for a multi-nom Scorsese movie(Schoonmaker for editing, etc.), I actually think Damon and DiCaprio each make a case for a nomination for Best Actor. Who knows, the Academy might give a mercy fuck to the great Martin fucking Sheen. Hell, they did it to Alan Alda for AVIATOR.

Most of all, of the last few years, this is Scorsese's best chance at winning the Best Director Oscar. This film isn't obvious Oscar baiting, but actually an entertaining drama that doesn't sacrifice its artistic merits to score big at the box-office(with Scorsese's biggest opening weekend in his career).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #94716
10/10/06 12:04 AM
10/10/06 12:04 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I hope and pray Marty wins the Oscar next year but I'm not holding my breathe with Clint Eastwood coming out with Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima

Page 164 of 319 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull