I come from a Eastern European country, so got no relation to US. But to say on the matter - I think the all situation with racism is kind of out of control there. There are many aspects on the whole situation there which most people blindly don't take in consideration.

I'm not pro police due to my personal interactions with them in the past, but I kind of get their every day stresses and situation. Every work day can be their last one and I guess no-one of us anywhere in the world will risk their life over someone else's, especially if they're a person we don't know. There is a saying for Russians - You can come back from prison, but not from the grave.
I've seen videos where people just try to stupidly talk their way out of a speeding ticket saying most random stupid shit that they think is right. And this is both from white and black people. To be honest, what do you expect? I think no normal human being even with the most stable mental health will take this kind of harassment every day. But that is also a problem of the law enforcement to keep their employees in line and ready for work.

People popularizing racism is another problem. Personally, my both grandfathers were sent to the Gulags by communists. But that is not a reason now to blame everyone else for it. Same I see the situation with black slavery. Anyone involved in selling slaves or transporting them or taking any other role in that - there is no-one of them alive anymore today. People bring it up just as if their own mother was sold as a slave. But in reality they got no relation to it at all than just a line of ancestors involved in it many years ago when no-one of us were alive yet.

Yeah there are racists, both white and black also. But people too much bring it up everywhere.