just watched Inside Man yesterday. I believe you all must have discussed it but all I found was a post 4 months ago when I said I really wanted to watch it. I just don't know what took me so long.

this is like an E.T. in the middle of Spike Lee's filmography, but it does have his touch - racial discussion and references to Malcolm X and Clockers. which leads us to the clear reference Dog Day Afternoon. well, they're absolutely different even though it's the same story. Lumet's 70's classic is much more about human relations and Lee's is just a bank robbery flick. a great one. with that cast, it couldn't go wrong. they're all top notch actors in top notch performance. Jodie Foster's character was supposed to be discreet, right? welll she did such a great job I didn't even recognize her Denzel Washington's performance stands out (he's the greatest actor of his era) and I don't know about no plot holes. I don't know why people just refuse to enjoy this film, like Roger Ebert in his dumb, pretentious review.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk