Originally Posted by BronaZora
I'm still not convinced that the man killed was involved in OC. Besides the fact that he's not known to LE and never had any legal issues, certain social media hints (Which I will not link) indicate that he was a regular hard worming man and his only crime was carrying that surname. What a shame if true.

Originally Posted by spartan
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Very telling quote from the Edwards story:

Cosimo Ernesto Commisso clashed in 2016 with Anastasios (Tassos) Leventis, the brother of an accused drug trafficker connected to the Wolfpack Alliance, sources say.

Leventis, 39, from the St-Laurent borough of Montreal, was murdered in broad daylight in January 2017 in front of his condo complex on George St. near Adelaide St. E. in the St. Lawrence neighbourhood, near George Brown College.

This definitely has something to do with the Leventis murder. Leventis was in Toronto to collect drug debts from Calabrian mobsters.... apparently, the Calabrians were refusing to pay. Like I said, Calabrian mobsters are not well liked in the GTA.

The Calabrians, especially the Commisso family, have been "top dogs" in Toronto for decades. And they've become very wealthy in the process. What's happening now, is younger, hungrier - but very organized and tough - gangsters are challenging the "old guard".

This is gong to escalate and I wouldn't be at all surprised if older, more "established" Calabrian mobsters are attacked.

Unless they're backed up by someone significant like the Mexican Cartels or other rival Mob families, I don't think this new group stands a chance against the power of the Ndrangheta.

He was definitely involved in OC. Most members of the Commisso family in the GTA are involved in one way or another. Some are involved in drug smuggling, some in extortion, some in strip clubs, others are so called "legit" and involved in construction, nightclubs etc... but they are all linked. Most ppl shot in broad daylight in targeted hits are not innocent. Don't believe what the police say, they have their own methods and agenda.

I have always said the Calabrians in Toronto are more numerous and powerful than ppl thought. BUT, the "Golden Horseshoe" area of southern Ontario has 9.5 million people and there is all sorts of OC. It is inconceivable that Toronto could ever be like Montreal where the bikers, Italians and West End Gang set drug prices.

The problem the Calabrians have in Toronto is they are "fat". They've made A LOT of money, and the younger generation just isn't as hungry as the old timers were back in the day. Are they willing to go to all out war with groups that oppose them or want a cut of the action? Are ppl that live in 7000 sq foot mansions in King City, with millions in cash, and many legit income sources, willing to get killed, have their family members killed?

Every so often in international politics, or local crime, the game changes... the board is reshuffled. This is what is happening in Toronto and Montreal. Nothing stays the same forever. Things change.