Quote:
Originally posted by svsg:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] I hated The Butterfly Effect and all 4 or 5 of it's endings.
Why did you hate it? I didn't care so much about any of the specific endings, but I thought it was a very novel concept, just as memento was. [/b][/quote]I didn't think it was anything special. I thought it was melodramatic with a horrible Kutcher leading the whole thing. It's completely cliche. I remember cartoons from my childhood who had the same based plot with a It's a Wonderful Life hint in it, with different choices ruining one specific loved one's life. Nothing was special about it at all, it was a weak film.

SPOILER
As for the endings. The whole he passes her on the street thing is ridiculous and looks like it was sampled from a Romantic Comedy, along with it's variations. The alternate suicide in the womb ending is also stupid because it brings up a self-sacrifice piece that is meaningless. It has nothing to say other then this character who we're supposed to connect with simply can't exist without harming someone's life. Plus, the only reason it exists isn't to be thought-provoking, but simply to manipulate the audience in a negative way by going a tear-jerker route.
SPOILERS

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006