I watched 'Ray' tonight. I downloaded it from Sky By Broadband, as I always seem to miss it when it's on Sky Movies. I expected great things as I've heard some very good reports about the film and I wasn't disappointed.

I'm not a fan of Ray Charles's music, in fact I've only heard a few of his songs (I Got A Woman, I Can't Stop Loving You, Hit The Road, Jack) and I loved his turn in The Blues Brothers (Shake Your Tailfeather), but the music was superb. Jamie Foxx was outstanding in his portrayal as Ray Charles. I understand he did his own piano playing and vocals and was given the seal of approval by Ray Charles himself prior to his death. There are some inaccuracies in the film, for example Ray was never banned from performing in the State of Georgia and there are some issues with his marriage, but apart from that it's a decent biopic that keeps you hooked for the two hours plus.

It was also good to see a familiar face pop up in the film - Curtis Armstrong, who played the inept Bert Viola in the latter seasons of Moonlighting, appears as the man who signed Ray to Atlantic Records in the early fifties.

For those who haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend it, if nothing else but for the wonderful soundtrack and Jamie Foxx's superlative turn.

"I'm sorry if your stepmother is a nympho but I don't see what this has to do with, uh... do you have any Kalhua?"