Miami Vice - (Michael Mann;2006;USA)
Two Miami Vice detectives are put under assignment to infiltrate a cartel.
Where do I start? Michael Mann has done it again with some of his best visuals. The music is again excellent aside the Jay-Z/Linkin Park opening. In my local paper there was a photo of this film with an entire article describing the Buddy Films such as Bad Boys and such. Forget that. Mann brings us into one of the most gritty depictions of the drug trade, focusing on reality even in the most violent scenes as well as the emotions of the two lead characters. There's no corny Buddy moments. Even some of the cliche sounding dialogue flaunted in the trailer are less emphasized pieces of dialogue that blend in. The action scenes are excellent and made me feel as if I was there. It's not overdone, but genuinely thrilling. Michael Mann is perfectly summed as professional.

Expect a review tomorrow.

By the way Mista, I don't know what the hell you mean by "fallen victim to." Michael Mann hasn't fallen into anything. It's purely his style.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006