Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
I finally got to see Pirates of the Caribbean lastnight. (Albeit it was on tv though). It was a good movie. Funny, but a little more darker then I imagine. I can't picture young kids seeing this movie.

****SPOILER ALERT********

I'm confused with some of the plot. The curse was the pirates were ghosts, and Will's blood was to bring them back to life? Also, since it appears Jack became a "ghost", then wouldn't the same fate have fallen unto him as the other pirates when the curse was broken?
They're not ghosts so much as the walking dead. They needed Will's blood because there had to be a blood sacrifice from everyone who took the treasure in order for the curse to be broken. (Bootstrap Bill's blood runs in Will's). Jack became a ghost because he took that one piece of treasure while Barbossa wasn't looking. This made him immortal, so he could fight Barbossa and not die. When the curse was broken, all of the crew, plus Jack turned mortal again... so they surrendered.

Sorry if that's confusing.. let me know if you don't understand it, its kind of rushed. Ha.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club