Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Hagen, don't you think its ironic that for a film that shits on people for following an ideology, cause, or charismatic leadership without second thinking nor without independent thinking, and for individuals to take responsibility, that people quote the movie, as well as display avatars from it, write their own fan fiction, try to join or start up their own "fight clubs", and so forth?
I do understand exactly what you're talking about. Fight Club presents an interesting double-faceted greatness to me because it is not only a film that has an incredibly relevant and thought-provoking message, but it is also an incredibly well-made film. I jump from one to the other when I'm complimenting the movie, and doing things like quoting it here is just me expressing my feelings about how fantastic the writing is.

Yes, it's true that in a sense, constantly watching Fight Club and/or any other movie is doing nothing but playing into the hands of the conformist, lazy, consumer-happy society that's been created for us. If we were to all take its message seriously, we'd probably watch it once, fully comprehend and understand its message, and then blow up our houses and go live in a dilapidated warehouse somewhere, in an effort to "hit bottom" as the film instructs us to do.

So yes, sometimes I feel like a bitch for continuing to live the conformist lifestyle while praising a film that condemns it, but hey, what're ya gonna do?

I am Jack's sense of suburban comfort.

I dream in widescreen.