Dekalog, dwa
1988/Kieslowski

Segment #2, slightly better than the first. This segment had two adult main characters as opposed to the child character of the 1st segment. This provided an oppurtunity for Kieslowski to showcase more of everyday urban Poland, which he didn't get to do much of the first time around. Krystyna Janda, our first female main character, also turns in a great understated performance, doing her best acting with her eyes, which seem to able to run through a wide range of emotions very quickly and all are expressed with such beauty. Aleksander Bardini was also enjoyable as the Doctor although I wish Kieslowski had made more time to explore his personal life.

It's also becoming apparent that Kieslowski isn't striving to stick to the 10 commandments structure that supposedly connects the 10 segments, as neither of the first two parts bore any noticeable resemblance to their given themes. Overall, although the conclusion of this segment was slightly confusing for me, it was still the better of the two so far. Looking forward to Part 3 later on today hopefully.

3.5/5 Stars

I dream in widescreen.