Ronnie, while I didn't actually notice the hiding of the peace symbol while I was watching, I did read about it afterwards. Very interesting stuff, I feel like maybe it was one of the few shining moments of the genius Kubrick shining through. And your'e right, I did think Animal Mother provided an interesting contrast in that his reckless actions, while trying to help his fallen comrades, really just endangered the lives of others.

And as for today . . .

Dead Man
1995/Jarmusch
An interesting and well crafted film, although some of Noboby's motivations went over my head and I didn't quite understand the ending. I felt as though the ending should have either been more rational and easy to comprehend or Jarmusch should have completely gone off the deep end and done something really radical. Instead the viewers get an unhappy medium. Really enjoyed the Neil Young soundtrack. Seeing this after Broken Flowers, I realized that the "fade to black" technique is probably a Jarmusch trademark. I'm interested in eventually seeing Ghost Dog. This film however, was slightly dissappointing.

3.5/5 Stars

I dream in widescreen.