I went to see "The Omen 666" this afternoon and actually, for a remake, it was much better than I expected. I've always been a fan of horror movies (the classic ones especially)and went without real high expectations.

Except for Mia Fararow, the cast was basically unknown (to me anyway), but the acting was good and the script, to my recollection was pretty much faithful to the original.

The young boy who played Damien was not too bad, but the original Damien had a creepier look which was more chilling. Damien hardly had any dialogue though, and if I'm not mistaken, in the original, he had more lines. I looked for the original "Damien" who was a tabloid reporter in a cameo, and can't say I recognized him.

All and all, I'm not sorry that I went, as this was one of the better remakes I've seen.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon