Jesus! It's been a while since I've posted in here... I haven't stopped watching films lately, I've just been 100% useless and lazy.

Here she goes...

The Assassination of Richard Nixon (2004) - ***1/2
Director: Niels Mueller
Based on a true story, The Assassination of Richard Nixon tells the tale of unjustice and corruption of the American dream, and how in 1974 it lead to the plotting of the chilling assasination of President Richard M. Nixon

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw this film sitting on the drama shelf of a local movie emporium. No more than two weeks prior, a close friend of mine stood to my left in the same movie store, looking to buy some quality entertainment for the weekend, when he asked, "Hey, Kevin, what's that movie with Sean Penn... You know... The one... The one about The Assasination of Richard Nixon?" I told him I had never heard of such a film, and told him I didn't know... And I felt like a comatose, semi-retarded Warlock with a dementia and a brain toomer when I later learned it was titled "The Assasination of Richard Nixon". So then I thought, "Oh great, another Taxi Driver..." Right? WRONG. Assassination takes a new approach at the whole sociopathic/synicism angle. The cast is assembled very precisely, and not only do the actor's have great chemistry, but they also provide excellent performances; right on Don Cheadle/Sean Penn levels. The story maps out an American tragedy that came so close to happening, but yet we never seem to hear about it, so cleverly, and provides great character study. My only complaint is the ending. I would have loved to see Big Dick being shot numberous times, and killed off in the most grotesque way... Or better yet, we could just round up all of the innocents that lost their lives in Viet Nam, have them come on down to the oval office, interrupt one of Dick's secret recording sessions, and then rip his arms and legs out of their sockets, and beat the man to death with his own severed limbs. I would have loved to see some of them come in pumped full of PCP and just savagely tear the man the shreds after performing a pagean ritual on his lifeless corpse--Do I smell a sequel?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."