Originally Posted by The_Rooster
So he took over a Crime Family that the Feds claim was defunct years earlier? And then the Feds say he took over a beleaguered crime family years later?..and now youre assuming he wasnt able to stabilize and increase membership like a Joe Ligambi did?

Yes, that's what I am assuming. Do you know WHY I'm assuming that?

Because with Philly, it has been proven there have been recent making ceremonies, it has been proven there is an active hierarchy, it has been proven there have been active rackets. With Buffalo, there has been no proof of any active rackets, no proof of any recent making ceremonies, no proof of an active hierarchy. There has been zero indication the family is still active. If all it takes is for a former mobbed-up union guy to get busted (with no indication of any sort of mob ties), then you are setting the bar incredibly low.
In fact, with Buffalo, it has been stated on several occasions that the family is no longer active. No hierarchy. No chain of command. No structure. Nada.

You laugh at me for saying "You believe everything you hear", "you are like a puppy." Again, you really don't see the irony here. I don't believe everything I hear. That's why I don't believe YOU. That's why I don't believe some random internet poster who comes on and says that LE has told him the family is active, yet somehow LE denies the family is active. I believe the people that I know for a fact are "in-the-know." The FBI followed these guys around, bugged them, wiretapped them, until they were finally able to deduce the family was dead. DAs, federal prosecutors, all had to make cases against these guys. Once they couldn't make any cases, they realized the family was dead. Scott Deitche is someone with proven inside sources. Key word here: proven. Now, he is pretty sure the family is not active. I concede that he probably doesn't know as much as feds or DAs, but at least he has a proven track record. Ron Fino - the guy doesn't know as much as the feds or DAs, or maybe not even as much as Deitche, but he knows how the family operates and probably still has some friends in Buffalo who are in the know. He said last year the family is defunct, in his eyes. In 2012, he gave an estimation on what the hierarchy would look like.