Last night.

Collateral - (Michael Mann;2004;USA)
A nihilistic contract killer and dawdling taxi driver change forever over the course of one night.
Seeing this for the nth time, I realize that while the ending could've been somewhat improved upon, that this has to be Mann's best film. I've been discussing with DVC how it was gettign better and better to me while he was going behind to me. In fact, weeks ago I lowered it to three recalling it's length, and soon I'll be revisiting it to solidify my decision, though I hope it'll be just as profound as my last viewing. This film however is Mann's most polished. It doesn't go on for too long at all and it manages to be perfectly developed from the characters to the story. Mann's entrancing direction revitalizes the Neo-Noir brings out Tom Cruise's best performance, oddly against type like Fonda's best role in Once Upon a Time in the West. Later today I'll revise my review on it so I can basically rant further on why I love this film so much. Everything is top notch, aside the slightly average cat/mouse decision, though Mann directs that very well as always.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006