Sounds good guys. The FBI, Buffalo News, Niagara Falls Reporter. global news outlets, and the Laborers Union of North America don't know what they're talking about. Let's go with some guy on the forums who knows the inner workings of the crime family as well as the rackets going on and whose being made - because, wait for it, he lives in the area.....

Apparently law enforcement has actively been investigating and surveilling the Buffalo mob, and they know about the administration, the goings on in Canada, the rackets they're involved in, and who is being made. Wow, it seems like the police have a good impression of the illegal activities and crimes that the Todaro crime family is into. I'm sure they'll be making heaps of busts..... except, for the past 15 years there hasn't been a single bust. Also, even though law enforcement is actively surveilling and investigating the Todaro family, they have repeatedly said there is nothing left of the mob - and I mean repeatedly... that seems pretty strange.

Oh well, I'm sure Rooster has a valuable explanation to why law enforcement would feed misinformation to the press. Maybe it's a top secret investigation that is 15 years in the making? Well, the only flaw in that plan is the fact that Rooster claims everyone in the area knows about the existence of the Buffalo mob. Apparently it's an open secret. Everybody in the community knows about the Buffalo mob, apart from newsmen from the area - whose job it is to know what's going on in the community. Let's look at a brief, off-the-top of my head list of who believes the Buffalo mob exists, and who doesn't.

Who Believes It Exists:
Rooster, an alleged Buffalo native.
Giacomo Vacari, a guy from LA who has admitted lying in the past.

Who Doesn't Believe It Exists Anymore:
Ronald M. Fino, a longtime FBI informer against the Buffalo mob .
Scott M. Deitche, a prominent mob historian with six (and counting) books to his name.
Lee Coppola, a former federal prosecutor and news reporter who grew up among mobsters and their families on Buffalo's West Side.
Frank J. Clark, a former Erie County District Attorney
Andrew Goralski, a former Buffalo FBI agent who retired in 2007 after witnessing the death of the Buffalo mob.
Mike Hudson, a news reporter who had covered the Buffalo Mafia for about 15 years.
Dan Herbeck, a news reporter for the Buffalo News.

But some posters on this forum chose to believe Rooster and Giacomo, who have less than a sliver of evidence, over the mountain of prominent, high-ranking people I just mentioned. It boggles my brain.
But wait. As Bensonhurst pointed out, maybe the FBI, the DA and the news are mis-reporting the situation for their own twisted agenda. Except, here's the thing. The FBI has repeatedly complained they are not getting enough funding to fight organized crime, and have repeatedly reported that the mob is growing in strength (as a bid to get more federal funding). So the feds have no reason to lie and say that the Buffalo mafia is dead when it really isn't. Their agenda would be to say the Buffalo mafia is still around, and is prominent. In 1998, when the Buffalo mafia was reported as withering away and on its last legs, the feds still maintained there was a viable threat. So it's completely backwards to say that the feds are going to lie about the Buffalo mafia being dead when it's really active. The same also goes for the DA, whom Bensonhurst said could also have an agenda.
Also, newsmen LOVE a good Mafia piece. Mafia articles read and sell like wildfire. So there is really no reason for newsmen to try and say the Buffalo mob is dead when it isn't. And bear in mind that Rooster said the Buffalo community is well aware of the Mafia's existence. Surely then the Buffalo News and Niagara Falls Reporter would jump on the chance to report about it?
The notion that feds, police, DA, and news reporters all have a synchronized agenda to lie about the existence of the Buffalo mob is simply ridiculous.

According to Rooster, law enforcement is actively surveilling and investigating them but are also consistently denying the Buffalo mob's existance for no reason whatsoever, since such denials would hurt any chances of them increasing federal funding for organized crime, and would also hurt any federal case they are building. Also, I don't care what city in America you're from, Mafia families simply do not have the power or money to pay off a police force. Sure crime family members might be friends with a cop or two, but the Buffalo mob wasn't able to stop law enforcement in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s, and they certainly wouldn't be able to stop them at their diminished state now.