Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[b]Based on this film alone I don't see how he topped Scorsese for Best Director 12 years later.
Did you see Million Dollar Baby? [/b][/quote]Did anyone else tend to find this movie a bit... Obnoxious? I just can't really stand sports films in general, I suppose (save a few, mostly Raging Bull. And, don't even bring up Rocky... A tad over-rated and badly-dated in my opinion.) They just always come off way too dramatic for their own good. Maybe that's not even it. There might be something deeper that drives me away from them... But, blindly, they've just always come off a bit pretentious to me... especially boxing films. All I know is, at one of the most defining scenes in Million Dollar Baby, all I could think was "is Alex Lifeson of Rush playing the part of the waitor?" and in another, it was, "Jesus creeping shit, just kill the bitch already and get the film done with! We already know she's going to die, the bugger on The Soup spoiled it on national television!"

So, in conclusion, I'll admit it was an above average film. A descent film that I suppose deserved nomination, but perhaps not award... And thus, my rambling comes to an end.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."