Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
Ah, but you see.. when you end up telling them off, its better for it to be a stranger.. You ruin less friendships that way
I dunno, but it doesn't have to end ugly. I never stayed with the same person for more than a year. I always made alibis and switched roommates. Every single one of them got eventually on my nerves, and it never really got any better, until the senior year that I roomed with a friend/classmate. I always thought that rooming with friends could end up to partying and not being able to say "no" when you should and get the time to study. I'm not sure if it was the magic of knowing it would last only one year, or our astrological signs matched (Pisces and Cancer ), or maybe because she is the nicest person I've known, but things were never that great up to then. She is one of the few people that I still care to talk over the phone instead of exchanging emails even now that we have to pay long distance fees.

What I'm trying to say is, sky is the same color for the most part, so being patient, biting tongue sometimes and just switching roommates each year would get you through and it is not worth it to end things bitterly with friends.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones