GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 413 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,979
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 117 of 319 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93277
04/01/06 01:18 PM
04/01/06 01:18 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Where does The Godfather fall on your favorites list Vercetti?

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93278
04/01/06 01:20 PM
04/01/06 01:20 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Oh, looking at the FCM board, it looks like it's #8.

Happy to see that.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93279
04/01/06 01:30 PM
04/01/06 01:30 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Brokeback Mountain ****

One of the best love stories I've seen in recent times. Heath and Jake definitely earned their Oscar noms, and unfortunately I thought it easily beat out Crash for best pic, but the Academy didn't agree with me. Rent it Tuesday!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93280
04/01/06 07:32 PM
04/01/06 07:32 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
INSIDE MAN (2006) - ***1/2

Pleasing if nothing ultimately unique crime caper, which I admit for the most part, didn't fall into any expected dramatic or cliche traps to which it would have failed this movie. Bravo to the scriptwriter.

Lessons I learned for Life from the movies:

#78 - Never fuck with Clive Owen.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93281
04/01/06 09:29 PM
04/01/06 09:29 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Duck Soup's playing on TCM - I'm watching it for the first time!

I saw Harpo on I Love Lucy a long time ago, and after seeing just a bit of this, he's my favorite.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93282
04/01/06 09:37 PM
04/01/06 09:37 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Lessons I learned for Life from the movies:

#78 - Never fuck with Clive Owen.
OMG you scared me for a second... I misread that and didn't see the word "with." I was gonna say, WHYYYY??? He's so hot! I'd do him in a second!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93283
04/01/06 09:47 PM
04/01/06 09:47 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
Duck Soup's playing on TCM - I'm watching it for the first time!

I saw Harpo on I Love Lucy a long time ago, and after seeing just a bit of this, he's my favorite.
Ooohh Duck Soup is one of my favorite movies.

I know the Lucy episode you're talking about.. Classic, isn't it??

I absolutely ADORE the Marx Brothers.

I was Harpo for Halloween once. No one knew who I was

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93284
04/01/06 10:00 PM
04/01/06 10:00 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
I can't believe I've never checked out any of their movies until now. I was actually looking for a baseball movie that Plaw had made a post about, not realizing it was for the day before, and I got sucked into this instead.

I haven't watched Lucy consistently in quite a while, but I watched so many episodes when I was younger. Even then, when I had no idea who Harpo was or that they were imitating this movie (until my parents told me), I found it hilarious.

You've got great interests, Bogey.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93285
04/01/06 10:11 PM
04/01/06 10:11 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thank You For Smoking - Tremendous film. I reccomend it to anyone who's interested in laughing their ass off.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93286
04/01/06 10:13 PM
04/01/06 10:13 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
Thank You For Smoking - Tremendous film. I reccomend it to anyone who's interested in laughing their ass off.
I can't wait to see it but it's not playing anywhere close to me

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93287
04/01/06 10:23 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Irish man, seriously, I would have paid $25 to see this movie. The film exposes the hypocrisy of the anti smoking lobby as well as the tobacco industry. There are too many funny lines for me to quote and I don't remember all the funny lines and scenes. It's a shame that probably not too many people will see the movie and more people will prolly go see some idiot bullshit movie like ___________insert idiot bullshit movie title in space provided. I'm thinking of getting this one on dvd when it comes out on the format. Just watch it, you won't regret it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93288
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
I can't believe I've never checked out any of their movies until now. I was actually looking for a baseball movie that Plaw had made a post about, not realizing it was for the day before, and I got sucked into this instead.

I haven't watched Lucy consistently in quite a while, but I watched so many episodes when I was younger. Even then, when I had no idea who Harpo was or that they were imitating this movie (until my parents told me), I found it hilarious.

You've got great interests, Bogey.
Why thank you

I used to watch I Love Lucy allll the time. In fact, I'd say that I've seen every episode at least twice. Minimum. I haven't been able to watch it much lately because we don't get TV Land here at school. And even if we did, my roommate sucks and would NEVER let me have control of the tv to watch that.

We don't have TCM either, which COMPLETELY sucks because that's my all-time favorite channel.

Apparently WVU has control of our TV Programming.. when you look it up on tvguide.com, it has its own special thing "Morgantown - TJ Specialties - WVU Campus".. which I consider brainwashing personally.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93289
04/01/06 10:29 PM
04/01/06 10:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
Irish man, seriously, I would have paid $25 to see this movie. The film exposes the hypocrisy of the anti smoking lobby as well as the tobacco industry. There are too many funny lines for me to quote and I don't remember all the funny lines and scenes. It's a shame that probably not too many people will see the movie and more people will prolly go see some idiot bullshit movie like ___________insert idiot bullshit movie title in space provided. I'm thinking of getting this one on dvd when it comes out on the format. Just watch it, you won't regret it.
I hope to soon man. Thanks, you're not making it any easier If I can't see it in the theaters, than I will anticipate it's DVD release

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93290
04/01/06 10:39 PM
04/01/06 10:39 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
I mean it, Bogey. You're one of the few people, around my age, that holds interests in the "good stuff." I try to do the same, but there's still a lot more I need to expose myself to. I'm not even an adult who has lived through some of the classic stuff, and it bothers me that "kids these days" don't know about any of it.

Do you have the Tube? It's Ch. 55 for us, and my dad watches Leave it to Beaver every day from three to four. I think Lucy comes on that channel, but I never think to catch it.

I'm wondering how the TV plan will be at the college I'm planning on going to. I'm just praying for FSN and ESPN for my baseball addiction, and hopefully a couple of good movie channels. The friend I plan to room with is a very "girly" girl (which I tease her about), so I think she'll be too busy fixing herself up in the bathroom to hog the TV.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93291
04/01/06 11:10 PM
04/01/06 11:10 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Oh, I enjoy the finer things in life, thats all - Classic movies, good sports, awesome video games, and Johnny Depp of course

No, we don't get that channel. Sounds awesome though. I used to watch I Love Lucy, Happy Days, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, and The Munsters. Oh, how I miss Nick at Nite. The OOLLDD Nick at Nite. Before they had TV Land, I think.

We've got like 4 different ESPN channels though. 2 Different MTVs. Country Music Television of course!! Yee haw!! Then just the rest of the basic cable channels. I'd trade it all in for some Turner Classic.

Make sure you take charge of the TV early on though. My roommate thinks that just because the tv is hers (Actually its an 11 inch that her sister gave us. Even though I could have brought my 24 or 26 inch..) that she has control. So I'm stuck watching (or listening rather.. I always turn my back) Laguna Beach, My Sweet 16, Some new modeling show, Americas Next Top Model.. stuff like that. Which is funny, because she's supposed to be some poor, misunderstood Goth Girl. Ugh. Whatever.

Whenever I finally do get the TV, its always either sports, Law & Order, Family Guy, Daily Show, Colbert Report, or some good video game like Twisted Metal. :p Woohoo.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93292
04/01/06 11:36 PM
04/01/06 11:36 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Johnny. Now he is definitely a fine thing.

I remember Nick at Nite! I miss that, along with the old Nickelodeon, in general. God, those were the days. I remember coming home from school everyday to watch just hours on end of classic shows like those you mentioned. I can't remember what channel that was, back then, but I'd watch Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and maybe I Love Lucy straight through. A "thing" that my dad and I always do is whistle the Andy Griffith theme - he used to do that for me when I was younger, and I finally learned how to whistle through his help. Happy Days was awesome. I remember being so scared every episode that Fonzie was going to do some incredible motorcycle stunt on - I was worried about him.

Oh, man...those shows your roommate forces you to watch are painful! Luckily, my friend and I are close enough where we'll work something out, and she's an Astros fan - if I didn't have her, knowing my luck, I would probably end up with one like yours...hang in there. We'll order a hit on her if things get too bad.

Ohhh...you're a Colbert fan. My brother is obsessed with it...and he is extremely difficult to please when it comes to humor. I should know - I've tried. Anyway, he loves this guy, and every time we have our chats, he's always talking about him. I think he worships him. From what I've heard and seen, he is hilarious - I just never remember or have the time to watch the show.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93293
04/02/06 01:08 AM
04/02/06 01:08 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Actually I've known my roommate since I was 3.. my mom was a reporter, and her dad was on the Board of Education.. so at meetings me and her would play legos together. We didn't really start talking until 9th grade though. We were best friends all through high school.. we were a lot alike.. we listened to the same music.. we had the same political views.. I practically lived at her house. I called her dad "Dad"..

So we figured we'd be the PERFECT roommates..

Wrong.

I'm not going to try and change your mind or anything, because I know I got tired of everyone nagging about it.. but I should have listened to everyone when they said not to room with a friend.. They'll annoy you to all hell, but since you're friends you won't say anything until BAM they push you over the edge and you snap. Like I did.

Now I honestly can't stand her. She's stuck up and extremely spoiled. Daddy's buying her a Mazda6 for college next year. But she's going to get the one thats brand new thats been on the lot for a few years and they can't sell. Those are only $20,000 instead of $25,000. :rolleyes: I'm trying to get my grandma to give me her old 1985 Chrysler. Simply because it runs and I'm not picky. Beggers can't be choosers, you know.

Unfortunately I'll be living with her next year, although it'll be in a house and with 2 other people. So I'll be spending most (or all) of my time with Jaron and Sean playing Soul Caliber. And she'll be down on the 1st floor by herself.

Sorry for the rant Moral of my story - be careful rooming with a friend, I speak from personal experience.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93294
04/02/06 07:24 AM
04/02/06 07:24 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I remember Nick at Nite! I miss that, along with the old Nickelodeon, in general.
You mean ... Nick at Nite just doesn't exist anymore?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93295
04/02/06 12:57 PM
04/02/06 12:57 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
You mean ... Nick at Nite just doesn't exist anymore?
I think it does, but as far as I know, I don't get it on my TV.

Bogey....wow. Thanks for telling me all of that. I'm going to try my best to make things work with her, and I'm sure she'll do the same, but your post gave me something to think about. I hope it doesn't happen to me, too, but at least I'll be a little more prepared.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93296
04/02/06 01:00 PM
04/02/06 01:00 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Murder In The First **

I enjoyed this more a couple of years ago but unfortunately not as much now. A sad story about a man, Henry Young (played by Kevin Bacon), who was turned into a killer by Alcatraz and inspired by a true story. Good performances by Bacon, Gary Oldman and Christian Slater.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93297
04/02/06 01:57 PM
04/02/06 01:57 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Bogey....wow. Thanks for telling me all of that. I'm going to try my best to make things work with her, and I'm sure she'll do the same, but your post gave me something to think about. I hope it doesn't happen to me, too, but at least I'll be a little more prepared.
Yeah, I mean.. don't get me wrong.. Jocelyn can be a good friend when she wants to be. But after living with her, it really put a damper on our friendship. Every little thing she does annoys me. And I'm sure I do things that annoy her too. At first we just considered it like one realllyyy long sleepover. Which we've had before.. I've stayed for DAYS at her house.. they even bought Mountain Dew to stock the fridge just for me.. none of them even drink pop. But living in 1 small room together gets hard.

Haha, to be on topic: I watched X2 last night. Oh how I love X-Men. And Hugh Jackman. Moreso X-men. I'm watching Pay It Forward right now on TNT. I love Kevin Spacey. This is a sad movie I'm gonna watch Serpico later. Also a good movie. I have the book.. its a good book too. OKay, I'll stop rambling

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93298
04/02/06 03:57 PM
04/02/06 03:57 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
I'm gonna watch Serpico later. Also a good movie. I have the book.. its a good book too. OKay, I'll stop rambling
I love Serpico. I think it's one of the best films of the 70s, and Pacino was brilliant in it. I believe it was Al's first big lead role (or first lead role in general). One or the other.

I just finished watching King Kong (Peter Jackson, 2005). Great movie, although the original is still my sentimental favorite. I wish I would have seen it in the theater, though. It's definitely one of those films that would probably be best enjoyed at the cinema. Great cast, great performances, and the ending is just heart-breaking, as it was in the original. It was a lot better than it's been given credit for. I give it

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93299
04/02/06 04:35 PM
04/02/06 04:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
I just finished watching King Kong (Peter Jackson, 2005). Great movie, although the original is still my sentimental favorite. I wish I would have seen it in the theater, though. It's definitely one of those films that would probably be best enjoyed at the cinema. Great cast, great performances, and the ending is just heart-breaking, as it was in the original. It was a lot better than it's been given credit for. I give it
Yes, it was one of those movies best seen in theaters. How come you never got the chance to?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93300
04/02/06 05:31 PM
04/02/06 05:31 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Just never got around to it, I guess. I kept putting it off.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93301
04/03/06 07:38 AM
04/03/06 07:38 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Watched Boys don't cry (1999) yesterday. Soon after that painful punch in the stomach feeling which some of the movie scenes convey, I realized that this is a powerful, poignant film based on true story ( ). The lead role gained Hilary Swank a well deserved Oscar. She indeed amazingly portrayed a girl caged in a gender she doesn't want. A rather disturbing movie, but definitely worth a watch.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93302
04/03/06 09:29 AM
04/03/06 09:29 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Finished Unforgiven last night, 1992 Best Picture winner. I'm not a huge fan of the Western genre, so although this was a solidly made film with certain moments of brilliance, it came off as fairly uninteresting to me most of the time. Great cast in Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, and Morgan Freeman. As far as Eastwood's direction, it seemed good if not conventional. Based on this film alone I don't see how he topped Scorsese for Best Director 12 years later.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93303
04/03/06 10:46 AM
04/03/06 10:46 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
Watched Boys don't cry (1999) yesterday. Soon after that painful punch in the stomach feeling which some of the movie scenes convey, I realized that this is a powerful, poignant film based on true story ( ). The lead role gained Hilary Swank a well deserved Oscar. She indeed amazingly portrayed a girl caged in a gender she doesn't want. A rather disturbing movie, but definitely worth a watch.
See, I agree with you on this one. I think this was a much better movie than Brokeback...

Bogey and Gina, it really doesn't matter who you choose as a roommate, by the end of the year both of you will get on each other's nerves. It helps a lot if you could get a two bedroom and have a room to yourself. From my personal experiences, the best time I've ever had away from home was when I had an apartment to myself.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93304
04/03/06 10:59 AM
04/03/06 10:59 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Bogey and Gina, it really doesn't matter who you choose as a roommate, by the end of the year both of you will get on each other's nerves. It helps a lot if you could get a two bedroom and have a room to yourself. From my personal experiences, the best time I've ever had away from home was when I had an apartment to myself.
Ah, but you see.. when you end up telling them off, its better for it to be a stranger.. You ruin less friendships that way

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93305
04/03/06 04:08 PM
04/03/06 04:08 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
Based on this film alone I don't see how he topped Scorsese for Best Director 12 years later.
Did you see Million Dollar Baby?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #93306
04/03/06 10:50 PM
04/03/06 10:50 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
Based on this film alone...