Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:

As for Donnie Darko is concerned, it was kind of perplexing. Charming its own way, but definitely not my kind of movie. Honestly I hate it when movies do not basically follow a straight and clear pattern, and I knew that this one was going to be wierd. Nonetheless I had to watch it because my current crush - Jake Gyllenhaall - is the leading character. Boy, he's great. I mean, he was only 20 or so when doing this movie and played the role of a troubled teenager with the mastery of a veteran. Combining this performance with the superb one he gave in Brokeback Mountain, I can easily say he's one of the most talented young stars now. Hope he will be given other amazing roles.
Donnie Darko... A personal favorite of mine, but it is quite a specific taste. I just think the way it was done was absolutely breath-taking... But I'm known to enjoy some rather fucked up films. (I've yet to meet someone who can go through my DVD collection without commenting on "how weird Fear and Loathing is...")

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."