Saw - There be spoilers below!

Yes the first one. I finally got round to seeing what everyone had been raving about.

This film reminded me of playing those puzzle adventure games. You know, Monkey Island, where you're stuck in a room, build up your itinery and knowledge to get out.

The concept of staging each of the captives against each other was excellent. Sadly that didn't materialise as well as I'd hoped. I wanted more back stabbing. I would have liked to see more of a pyschological and moral struggle for the doctor to kill the other. Sure he goes on to attempt to kill him when out of sheer desperation but once you've sawn your own leg off the rest is easy. But the poisoned cigerette plan should have been explored further rather than the 'trick poisoning'.

I didn't know how to feel about the open ending. I was glad it didn't follow the hollywood happy ending formula but then again it's a cop out to do a sequel (which they've done and are in the process of another). Should I expect two more similar endings?

Mind you, the main problem with the ending was the fact that I was stoned and was going to bed after the movie. I think I triple checked every door and window was locked before going to sleep.

So die all who betray Giuliano