So far today.

Fahrenheit 9/11 - (Michael Moore;2004;USA)
Michael Moore's take on post-9/11 America, specifically George Bush's agenda.
Moore's cynicism towards Bush is justified, throughout the film we're presented with half-truths or editing tricks meant to deceive us. Ultimately it fails in it's impact, both on me and on the American voters. However it's humor keeps it watchable. I particularly loved the spoof of the Bush Administration as The Magnificent Seven.

Permanent Vacation - (Jim Jarmusch;1980;USA)
A 20-something young man frequently spends more then a day walking around Manhattan meeting new people out of boredom.
I was somewhat reminded of Five Easy Pieces by this. Jarmusch's debut is unlike his later style, but a very interesting direction. It has many great ideas and quotes I loved, although it's not as impacting as his later work. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good film about a man who's boredom leads him through a constant search for satisfaction. The music is also very good, consisting of Charlie Parker and some other Jazz, the latter played by John Lurie. Chris Parker's performance could've been better.

Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes Aguirre: The Wrath of God - (Werner Herzog;1972;West Germany/Peru/Mexico)
A group of conquistadors are driven by the insane Aguirre to find El Dorado.
Throughout the film I felt it was great, but towards the end it started to escalate to the point where I was angered when it ended. A masterpiece about the drive of insanity, that ends wonderfully. Kinski's performance is rich with a subtle intensity that makes you wish he had even more screen time. One of my favorite things about the film is the musical score, which enhances the lost feeling of the film, especially against the jungle cinematography. It may be invented rather than true to the real man but that's not the point of the film. Instead we're graced with a powerful film. Even at an hour and a half, it's an epic.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006