Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
You rate DOMINO over YOJIMBO?
I know I know. As we all know I rate movies based on entertainment (which we've already beaten this discussion to a dead horse). But watching Domino last night again for the 2nd time really turned my head and I enjoyed it so much more than I did the first time. I'm thinking about buying the Akira Kurosawa Four Samurai Box Set (with The Seven Samurai, The Hidden Fortrest, Yojimbo, Sanjuro), so hopefully I'll enjoy them after a 2nd viewing as well. The only one out of them that I've seen twice is The Seven Samurai. I do enjoy Akira Kurosawa's work, don't get me wrong. However, and I think I put this in my The Hidden Fortrest review but his movies just seem to drag on for me. Domino is about 2 hours and that movie (more or less, except for maybe the last 20 miunutes or so) FLEW by like nothing. When I watch an Akira Kurosawa movie I'm constantly looking at the clock wondering when the thing's gonna end.

To be fair I wouldn't go so far as to say that Domino is a better movie than Yojimbo and I'd say with confidence that Yojimbo has and always will be a more "important" film if you will than Domino ever will become. However, my rating does reflect that I did enjoy Domino more.