Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b]Jackie Brown (1997) ***

A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police and an arms dealer.

IMO one of the most underrated films of the 90's and probably Tarantino's most underrated. Truly the "forgotten" gem of Tarantino's career. My personal favorite performance from this film comes from Robert Forrester. He was fantastic as the lonely bail bondsman Max Cherry. Pam Grier was great in this as the title character aswell.

The film features a great, complex plot and another great screenplay from Tarantino. The soundtrack was excellent, my favorite probably being "Strawberry Letter 23." [/b]
I couldn't agree with you more about this film being underrated. It's one of my favorites of all-time and is only behind the Kill Bills in terms of my favorite Tarantino movies. I think the biggest hurdle it had to overcome was this was the movie after Pulp Fiction which probably made everyone's expectations of the film enormous. However, my favorite performance was by Samuel L. Jackson as Ordell (and I also loved Chris Tucker as well). My favorite song from the soundtrack is also Strawberry Letter 23. Good taste man!