Anyone know the date that Salvie decided to end the engagement to Maria?

I am not 100% convinced that him breaking up with Merlino's daughter is what put the wheels into motion....I don't doubt that it was MORE of a valid reason that SCarfo could sell to the Underboss on Consig as well as the Capos and soldiers BUT, I 1000% agree that Scarfo's methodology of you have to "Kill em and keep on killing" motto that made this happen.

I think it is safe to say that Scarfo was one to think that the rules applied to his minions but somehow, the upper echelon, and more importantly himself, THEY DIDN'T.

Examples:

Watching NY give a pass to Antonio Pollina (Supposedly wanted to whack his boss, which is his right as family boss)

Scarfo himself insulted Consigliere's Giseppe Rugnetta's daughter by calling her ugly supposedly.....Would have equaled death if not for Bruno's compassion.

Scarfo killing a civilian over a seat at a diner.

Salvie was a loyal guy that just got a lot of press for being the Boss's son.

I also believe there is a strong possibility that Little Nicky had a partial interest in eliminating Chicken man....Obvioulsy it is a theory but, does anyone have ANY info to say that Little Nicky was so loyal to Chicken Man, that the theory holds water?

I can totally understand how Caponigro and his crew were angry at Bruno for allowing other families to drug deal, while taking the profits BUT, what exactly did Chicken Man do to set Narducci off? Narducci was already a very rich man without the heat that a boss acquires?