Dog Day Afternoon 10/10
Carlito's Way 9.5/10

What can i say? Didn't watch these two movies for a long time. Both are masterpieces in my book. Regarding "Dog Day Afternoon", I think Pacino gave such an amazing performance that he deserved the Oscar that year, even more than Jack Nicholson for "One Flew...". Pacino just steals the show with that tour-de-force-performance. And the tension is on the top from the first second on till the final airport scene. Sidney Lumet's best film, IMO.
Carlito's Way is another near-perfect movie with Pacino as an "ex-criminal" who after a prison-sentence wants to get out of "all the shit business" and start a new life with his girlfriend. Here we have Brian DePalma's best movie IMO. Pacino deserved the Oscar that year also, but who cares about that anyway. I find this movie to be very underrated, even on these Boards.
On a side note, when I was watching "The Deer Hunter" lastw eek, I was thinking, "who could play the part of Michael better than DeNiro?" and had these "Pacino-or-Deniro"-thoughts again, but after these two movies I think Pacino will always have the #1 spot on my Actors list.

I cant wait for the 2 Disc-special-edition of "Dog Day Afternoon" to be released in February. The movie just climbed afew ranks on my favorite-movies-list and I think there will be some other changes on it too

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom