Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - (Terry Gilliam;1998;USA)
Hunter S. Thompson and his lawyer go on an eccentric drug binge in Las Vegas covering a motorcycle race.
While containing elements that make this a very funny film, it also contains insight on the post-60's American culture, seen through the eyes of two drug users. It's hard for me to describe it's greatness. Gilliam does a great job of transferring the book to the screen, which was originally considered impossible. Depp's performance is one of his best, really capturing Thompson's quirky energy. On a first viewing it's hard to take seriously, but with more I think you can come to love this more and more.

The Game - (David Fincher;1997;USA)
A wealthy financer gets a real-life time-consuming game from his brother as a birthday gift, but it soon brings him into a downward spiral.
A film that is very similar to Fight Club in it's message. It's execution isn't as good and it does have it's moments of ridiculousness, but it turns out to be a very good thriller that has something to say. The ending I felt was going to turn into something mainstream and poor but it ends on a good note. I also love the use of the song "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. Douglas' performance is very good as well, especially as the film progresses. I will be revisiting this in the future.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006