Lost In Translation
A very "lovely" movie where the one or another could relate to the two main characters in certain ways, atleast I did. I find it to be a personal movie particullary because of the situation of two (tragic?) characters. Sofia Coppola did a great job here, so did Bill Murray and especially Scarlett Johansson who gave a wonderful and powerful performance. The scenes of Tokyo are also beautifully shot. Two thumbs up Ms. Coppola.
I plan a rewatch soon. This movie could find a special place in my heart.
8.5/10 after the first viewing.

The King Of Comedy
Here we have another great character study by Mr. Scorsese and Bobby De Niro about a strugglin Comedian. I find alot of sympathy in Pupkin, even being a very annoying character. Watching the movie I thought "who else could play the character of Pupkin that great?"
In certain points Im not sure what Scorsese really wanted to tell us with this story but still found afew parallels between Pupkin and real-life figures. To be honest I cant find a "bottom line" for this movie. Its difficult to describe for me at the moment. I have to rewatch it to make up my mind. But still, a great movie with one of the better performances by De Niro playing this tragic figure.
7.5/10 after the first viewing.

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom