Jackie Brown - (Quentin Tarantino;1997;USA)
A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police, an arms dealer, and a shitload of money.
It's been too long since the last time I saw this, but now I feel like I appreciated it even more then my first viewing. Tarantino's direction is great as usual, and this film works on a dramatic level wonderfully. Pam Grier, Robert Forster, and Samuel L. Jackson lead this film with very entertaining presence, as well as the rest of the cast. An underrated film I feel is better then the Kill Bill films. The soundtrack is also great, especially Bobby Womack's "Across 110th Street." I also like the nod to The Graduate in the opening.

Blazing Saddles - (Mel Brooks;1974;USA)
A black sheriff is appointed to bring down a western town.
This is definitely one of the best comedies ever. It maintains it's humor through the whole film. My favorite part of the movie is the ending, which becomes so absurd in it's parody that we can't help but piss ourselves. It would've been better if Richard Pryor was in it as it was originally planned but Cleavon Little is a great substitute. I can't wait to see Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein and The Producers. I really can't find anything to criticize about this.

Bart: Mornin', ma'am. And isn't it a lovely mornin'?
Elderly woman: Up yours n*gger.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006